Forums > Computers - Technology

Using Firewire or alternative

(1/1)

texasboy:
Need a bit of info from all you computer folks. What is the easiest way to transfer data of my present Hard Drive to a new blank HD.? Do I have to use firewire to one of my other PC`s. Or is there a way of transferring "in house" ie. Installing new HD on 2nd tier in same PC. Presently using older  500GB  HD, 110GB used, 355GB free.
Tks.
cheers

billyfridge:
I use an external hard drive Tex, cheap to buy on ebay particularly if you got a spare formatted hard drive. ;D

texasboy:
Tks billy, Was just trying to add a new HD into shelf  in case. Then trying to transfer data from one to the other. Is there an easy way to do this?
cheers

billyfridge:

--- Quote from: texasboy on October 09, 2009, 08:41:22 am ---Tks billy, Was just trying to add a new HD into shelf  in case. Then trying to transfer data from one to the other. Is there an easy way to do this?
cheers

--- End quote ---

is it IDE??...

Thomas51:
PCI Express (PCIe) is a high-speed interface used to connect components like graphics cards and storage drives. PCIe 4.0 offers double the bandwidth of PCIe 3.0, enabling faster data transfer and improved performance for cutting-edge applications like gaming and content creation. Going Here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version