Forums > Computers - Technology

Anti Spyware/Adware

<< < (2/6) > >>

Synbios:
There was a point in time where I loved GIANT Anti-Spyware. This was of course ruined when Microsoft bought them out and turned it into Windows Defender just recently.

I HATE WINDOWS DEFENDER.

Microsoft Anti-spyware was cool at first, but after they changed the GUI from what GIANT had, everything has been going downhill.

Ad-Aware and SpyBot are still the best, plus an occasional Spy Sweeper.

azngosu:
anyone know if Ad-Ware SE personal is any different from the upgraded one? like doesi t scan more deeper and remove better or is it just the same with better features.

coma:
ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware seems decent to me

MrshGold:
I am an IT professional.
I build, upgrade, support and troubleshoot computers for a living.
After personally trying almost ALL of the Anti Spyware products, my hands down recommendation is Webroot Spysweeper.  It's companion product Webroot Window Washer is also best in class for cleaning up garbage left over from browsing and temp files and such.  I encourage all to try both of these products if you want the best protection for your PC.

Exous:
Being an IT professional doesn't say much imo, sounds more like making a commercial, I myself use the free versions of Spybot and Adaware in Combination with free AVG antivirus, for me that is more than enough protection on my pc as I'm behind a router.
Also I don't like the idea of running more than 2 programs that do almost the exact same thing, but adaware and spybot fill each other up pretty well I must say, expecially for free software!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version