Author Topic: Where am I?  (Read 609104 times)

cissie

Re: Where am I 2007
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2007, 10:21:56 pm »
Innsbruck, Austria

-kyopedlr

one more clue.. with the large body of water.. there are many famous ones around.. a famous one is near Las Vegas... a vacuum cleaner is call this particular one in UK.. that should almost give it away.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2007, 11:06:33 pm »
lake electrolux......

texasboy

« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2007, 04:10:34 am »
 ;D Wouldnt want to give it away. Just give me a joint on a canal. ;)
cheers

cissie

« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2007, 05:22:03 am »
It is one word... broken into 3 syllables.. the large body of water clue... third syllable.. there is one near Las Vegas.. the UK refer to a vacuum as this name.. once you get the name.. then the word should start to fall into place.

2nd syllable.. something you do to something in the saucepan... too easy..  :) Whats it like being on the opposite side Tex.. hehe..

texasboy

« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2007, 06:05:09 am »
It is one word... broken into 3 syllables.. the large body of water clue... third syllable.. there is one near Las Vegas.. the UK refer to a vacuum as this name.. once you get the name.. then the word should start to fall into place.

2nd syllable.. something you do to something in the saucepan... too easy..  :) Whats it like being on the opposite side Tex.. hehe..
;D just told to where you were in my last post.lol Am I going to be left stirring this damn pot for much longer ::) Or would you like a straight forward answer?
cheers

deckkeeper

« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2007, 01:42:59 pm »
Amsterdam. Not that tough, really. I don't see how "am" is a preposition, but "ster" (stir) is easy, and I'm guessing "dam" refers to the Hoover Dam.

"am" is a verb. A preposition is something like "at" or "in". Also, I usually think of a dam as the actual structure and the water around it as a lake or reservoir.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 01:45:36 pm by deckkeeper »

cissie

« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2007, 04:33:01 pm »
Well done.. yes Amsterdam it is.. i just wanted to have a go.. but seems it was too easy for you lot.  I will leave it to the expert Tex.  Dams over here are exactly that.. they are called dams, the whole thing.. water and sides are dams... i suppose we are going to get many different interpretations between countries, but kinda adds to the frustration.. hehe.. well done Deckeeper.

So sorry about my verb faux pas.. been quite a while since i was at school.. at least you knew what i meant..  ::)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:35:22 pm by cissie »

texasboy

« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2007, 08:45:53 am »
 ;D A joint by the canal must have gone over your  head. smoking by the canal in amsterdam.lol
Its funny that I was still thinking of christmas tonight and the lovely meal I had. I wondered if being in the company of trendy,influential people,discussing part of Laurel and Hardy,and a lot of zodiac excrement, might give you an idea of where I am . Not the USA or Australia.

So have a guess. Where am I.??
cheers

cissie

« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2007, 12:29:07 am »
Glascow

texasboy

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2007, 07:28:39 am »
Glascow

Glascow or Glasgow,not a chance ;D The excrement is more male orientated.
I thought this one wouldnt be such a delight.lol
Try again
cheers

cissie

« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2007, 12:16:03 pm »
Okay... what about Turkey ... christmas... Turd... thats about all i can think of.  ???

texasboy

« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2007, 10:16:50 am »
Okay... what about Turkey ... christmas... Turd... thats about all i can think of.  ???

;D Turkey, now that sounds like we are getting warm. Perhaps a song from "The Mama`s and Papa`s" will give you a hint on the first clue.Then the zodiac sh*t will end your quest. ::)
cheers

cissie

« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2007, 04:38:27 pm »

;D Turkey, now that sounds like we are getting warm. Perhaps a song from "The Mama`s and Papa`s" will give you a hint on the first clue.Then the zodiac sh*t will end your quest. ::)
cheers

ROFL... i sat here thinking i was listening to Mamas and Papas... and ended up listening to ALL of Peter Paul & Mary.. hehe.. now I have Mamas & Papas.. and an atlas....blowed if i can see anything in the titles.. my next guess  is

Istanbul  Tukey.. Bull in the Bull Crap that men often come out with hehe.. and Is for Island.. either that or Santorini... but i can't see anything of a zodiac in Santorini except for coming from Ancient Greece.  I know.. way out of orbit again.. hehe..

deckkeeper

« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2007, 03:47:47 am »
The 'stan' in there would be from Laurel and Hardy. I don't know about the 'I' though. I had been thinking zodiac excrement would be libra, since libra is supposed to be in charge of the excretory functions.

texasboy

« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2007, 03:57:49 am »
 ;D I dont know why you all try so hard.lol
Somehow or other cissie has managed to get the right answer.
Trendy crowd,mamas and papas? "I`m in with the in crowd"
As deckkeeper says Stan is one half of Laurel and Hardy.
Taurus the bull is your zodiac sign (male) "bullsh*t. ::)

In-stan-bul
I am away for my first drink ;D
Well done cissie.
cheers