Author Topic: Is it hard to cook a steak?  (Read 47 times)

Offline Whysocky123

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Is it hard to cook a steak?
« on: Yesterday at 11:03:22 pm »
I have a question for those who actually cook steaks, not just watch videos or read food blogs. I’ve watched and read those too, so nothing new there. But if you cook steaks at home and can share any tips or recipes, I’d really appreciate it.

Offline Cermit

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is it hard to cook a steak?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:47:17 am »
Quote from: Noel_GG
I'm not really an expert here. I'm not sure I've ever had a real steak. Never cooked it at home, and ordering one at a restaurant is too pricey for me. But I'd love to try something like that, especially from high-quality beef.

It's not like I have any secret techniques, but I always use a lot of butter when cooking. And no, I don't bake the meat. I love medium rare. So, lots of butter, a sizzling hot pan, ultra-quality Wagyu beef from this store https://www.gourmetfoodstore.com/wagyu-beef-and-specialty-meats/wagyu-tomahawk, and some good tongs to flip the meat. I sear the meat on each side, locking in all the juices. Then I let it rest, slice it thin, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and pour the leftover butter from the pan over it. My friends are always impressed by my steaks.