RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: wont effing boot  (Read 11554 times)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
wont effing boot
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:29:02 am »
I'm still trying to get my shitty PC to work.......every now and again it trips a fuse......and now it wont boot no matter how l change the boot sequence in bios...it wont boot from h/d, cd rom, or floppy....and yes l made it recognise my h/d :'( :'(

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: wont effing boot
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 12:08:05 pm »
whats the error message? or what does it do?

try getting a can of Dust Off and spraying the inside (everything, powersupply, mobo, etc).. or replace your power supply..  or replace your HDD if those 3 dont work (in order..)..

unless you get an error message upon boot up? or if it starts to boot and then hangs somewhere?
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:32:09 am »
Thanx Chip.....my son thinks it's the power supply...l'll try that first, then try and find the screw l dropped in (j/k) lol

texasboy

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 06:04:21 am »
You must have put the scud on me Billy.Was sitting upstairs updating my new build. Decided to slightly overclock the already factory(485) Got to about 530 and slightly unstable graphics, Could not see nividea icon to drop back. System wouldnt boot up.  Got into BIOS on start up and had to change boot up priority to cdrom. Had to repartition the lot(wouldnt repair).

The interesting thing that windows is doing is that your key code stuck to the side of tower is no longer valid if you try to boot up too many times. They give you a phone number to get a new key code (which worked). I think this relates to when you re-partition. Its like big brother is watching you :-\ ps, Did you find the screw? ;D
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 08:51:35 am »
The joy of computers eh Tex.........l'm having 'time out'....not touched the faulty one for two days (trying to get my head back together lol.
everybody is saying ''go buy a new PC yer tight get'' but if truth were known, i love messing about with them, l'm learning every day, not as quickly as you l might add, but plodding along in my own good time. :)

texasboy

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 05:46:12 am »
The joy of computers eh Tex.........l'm having 'time out'....not touched the faulty one for two days (trying to get my head back together lol.
everybody is saying ''go buy a new PC yer tight get'' but if truth were known, i love messing about with them, l'm learning every day, not as quickly as you l might add, but plodding along in my own good time. :)

Yup! Same as me. I learn a bit every day. Make a few mistakes and then learn to correct them. The rate we are both going we will be as good as Chip in another 10 years ;)
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 10:16:48 pm »
Tex.....if l learned for another ten years l would still be the forums dummy :(