RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Filter out Fake Torrents?????  (Read 13494 times)

Offline excop243

• View Profile
Filter out Fake Torrents?????
« on: March 30, 2008, 01:13:25 am »
In the battle for P2P file sharing rights, there have recently been a sabotage movement by UNKNOWN ELEMENTS that have flooded torrent sites with FAKE torrents. Since we are members, is there a way we can get the creator to somehow put in a member rating or comments or he can filter out FAKE TORRENTS when he is notified that they are FAKE byreliable and trustworthy members? What's the member consensus out there?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:11:23 am by chip! »

samapplepie

Re: Filter out Fake Torrents?????
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:13:50 am »
Good question.  I posted a while back that when you search for a film or music you will always find Bush Torrent listed but this is no use to man nor beast.  Even if the word is spelt wrong it lists Bush Torrent as having it.

It would be great if there were a way of filtereing out the fake ones

I have been using Rapidshare recently and find that the totrrents there are all OK

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 08:10:39 am »
since Bit Che connects directly to the sites to search them, you're going to have to "Open Source Page.." and read user comments, etc from the source site if you are worried about a torrent being fake.

there is no possible way to reliably filter results since it only displays the search results from the different sites, it does not process the actual .torrent (unless you View a Torrent's Details, but then it only reads the header information and not the entire .torrent file)..  and since the search result title is not a valid indication of exactly what the downloaded .torrent will contain, this makes it impossible to filter based on search result title alone. search engines themselves that handle and process the .torrent file should be the ones removing or filtering torrents.

there might be a site out there already that keeps a database of known fake torrents. if you are worried about that, i would check with this site about the torrent you are interested in.. 

also, to avoid fake ones, probably the best thing to do would be to join private torrent sites..
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 11:24:57 am »
I have noticed some trends in fake torrents will look into them further.

Offline tweakinreaper

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:37:19 am »
if you want to filter fake movies use superfundo.org as a cross refrence....only torrents uploaded by known good quality rippers

idk if you can make superfundo.org searchable via bit che?.....that would be an AWESOME feature

Offline tweakinreaper

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 10:55:49 am »
i found this fake torrent finder site it might be of interest. you can search for keyword or infoHash.

http://fenopy.com/fakefinder/

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:07:19 am »
You may also want to check the pears list for IP's in the 72.172.88.0 - 72.172.91.255 range