RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Coming soon: superfast internet  (Read 7198 times)

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Coming soon: superfast internet
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:00:24 am »
From The Sunday Times
April 6, 2008
Jonathan Leake, Science Editor

THE internet could soon be made obsolete. The scientists who pioneered it have now built a lightning-fast replacement capable of downloading entire feature films within seconds.

At speeds about 10,000 times faster than a typical broadband connection, “the grid” will be able to send the entire Rolling Stones back catalogue from Britain to Japan in less than two seconds.

Entire article---->http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article3689881.ece

TheHalf™

texasboy

Re: Coming soon: superfast internet
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:11:07 am »
Saw that on own home page under a different banner.Apparently the internet as we know it,fibre optics etc could end up in a bottleneck and may grind to a halt.
good reading Half.
cheers

ps. saw another item ref Sat Navs which may interest. http://www.virginmedia.com/digital/news/technology-story.php?&storyid=23355250
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 08:14:55 am by texasboy »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 09:43:20 am »
Well this will vastly improve the infrastructure of the internet (which is very badly needed). Unless the wires which go to out very homes are improved significantly, you shouldn't expect to ever see more than 50 MB/s.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 12:20:05 pm »
Also from a media point of view, that would be excellent. No need for digital setop boxes or satellite television, simply streaming internet TV... finally that vision of being able to watch any channel around the world in a decent picture and download rate could be here :)

For internet that fast... there are so many new possibilities. I mean even small things that come in to my head, being able to send raw video across the net would be great. Out in location in some random place, and you send your raw video back to the editor in a couple of minutes max.

Will be awesome when they implement it, i just wonder how long that will be?

Offline alexgrey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 01:20:47 am »
Hello! If you are looking for a good and fast video editing tool then you should try kinemaster mod apk latest version. This is a very fast and reliable tool that is also very easy to use.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 10:41:45 pm by alexgrey »