RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Script-Writing Video Tutorial  (Read 7153 times)

Sleestak

Script-Writing Video Tutorial
« on: April 19, 2008, 08:20:57 am »
I really like this project and would love to help out and write scripts that I could share for a number of very popular private trackers.

I've tried to review the script writing thread, and it's well written, but like many posters in that thread...it crossed my eyes.  I'm not a coder, but I do have a fair amount of experience with computers and some minor experience programming smart cards.

Can anyone (Chip!, Bovski) put together a small video tutorial about how to tweak an existing script?
I know it would be a little work, but if it could be explained verbally along with on-screen video, I think it would be just the thing to help the rest of us understand what needs to be done.

It could be uploaded to rapidshare or metacafe, and I think we'd have a lot more people writing scripts if we had something like that.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:23:38 am by Sleestak »

MindsEye

Re: Script-Writing Video Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 07:44:38 am »
/signed

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
Re: Script-Writing Video Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 01:55:54 am »
It's not something that lends itself to a video tutorial.

Different sites need different coding or there would just be a generic script for them all.

A Lot of the time its trial and error. Don't let this put you put this you off. Some sites I have come across seemed so similar to others I have loaded the code for them and done a search/replace on the site name and had a working script this isn't uncommon as a lot of sites are based on the same software and quite often they just need a little tweak if they don't work.

But there should be some kind of tutorial here other than look at other scripts and see how they where done this doesn't help if you don't know what you are looking at.

I will look into doing something to cover the basics it wont be video though.

I'm not normally far from the IRC channel if you need any help with them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 03:35:26 am by Bovski »