RefreshCapcha

Poll

So what do you think of the new prez elect... (vote/opinion)

I voted for him
I voted for the prisoner
I voted for the GILF
I voted for change
I voted for reform
I voted for political correctness
i didn't vote

Author Topic: US Election '08  (Read 23884 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
US Election '08
« on: May 10, 2008, 02:21:51 am »
I came across this new video about Obama that has been generating some controversy.. 

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036
"..explores the life of Barack Hussein Obama, Jeremiah Wright and the theology behind it."

if you've watched it, what do you think?

and have you seen any other interesting controversial videos of the other candidates? feel free to post them :)
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

MinLo

Re: US Election '08
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 04:52:10 am »
I can only get half way through the video before it freezes on my connection.......

But from what I've seen it has only encourage me to vote for some one that doesn't seem to be the same ole' prez....

I think it's funny how his name has two names of present or old enemies of recent government heads.......

I'd be more scared if Hilary got elected because BUSH>CLINTON>BUSH>CLINTON just doesn't seem right to me......

Hopefully 2nite after work I'll be able to watch the whole thing but Mothers Day being tomorrow I probably have back rubbing duty at midnite..... :D

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 08:09:02 pm »
I just want to say I find it completely ridiculous that Obama and Clinton are from the same party... surely they should be fighting for the same thing? Maybe it's because I've never lived in America and therefore do not completely understand the Presidential situation but never the less... how can they both be Democrats and yet fighting this out like they are opposition? It just scares me how politics is so childish these days, watching the Australian Parliament is like watching a few primary school kids fighting over their sweets.

Ha k sorry for being off topic there.

Offline fuzzytomcat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:15:18 am »
When the Washington State Federal court finds that what a politician says prior to being elected is protected under the First Amendment of the US Constitution as "Free Speech" and cannot be held accountable for promises made true or false to be elected, whether kept or not. That it is up to the voter to decide what the truth is when voting ............ I don't know but the goal post seems to be moving in front of our eyes, to the left, to the right ....... what does a patriot do with the choices were given .......... Vote Smart.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 02:13:27 pm by fuzzytomcat »

Offline death

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 02:03:42 pm »
"Lets connect the dot" and dont read between the lines 

I think who ever wins the election will keep flushing us away... 

Funny how no one wants to talks about the price of oil and what we can do to bring it down....

Offline fuzzytomcat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 08:07:50 am »
                                                                      VOTE !!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=adc3MSS5Ydc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=adc3MSS5Ydc</a>

;D

Offline fuzzytomcat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 02:10:58 pm »
The United States of America has a new president elect "Barack Obama" may we all come together and wish him god speed in the endeavorers he faces and the challenges ahead ....

Fuzzy
 ;)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 06:20:06 pm »
The very best of luck to him  ;D

surfer

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 10:07:09 pm »
Hey,  haven't seen any comments on the election...
poor CNN what are they going to do for news now?                 

edited by *minlo* i merged ur topic with Chips because it's the same topic at hand

i added didn't vote since some users convivea aren't Americans...I thought
that would possible generate more activity about  yours/chips topic, sorry if it
feels like I hijacked ur topic
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:47:09 am by MinLo »

texasboy

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 03:45:44 am »
 ;D  8) :D
cheers

edit: merged topics:MinLO  O0
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 08:08:12 am by MinLo »

MinLo

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 05:22:36 am »
i merged the 2 topics...

cnn does news i thought they only helped to stir up controversy?lol
there will be plenty of other "news" for them to report i.e. 8yr old in Cali murders 2 adults....

I didn't vote. I was planning on voting but then found out that our voting location was inside of a church. I didn't fell comfortable combining politics and religion. I also knew my state had a majority towards Obama, so even though I should of voted for the sake of voting, I was pretty sure my vote for Obama was going to be one of many. I felt really bad inside because of people of the past have died to give me the right to vote but the reasons to not vote  started to outweigh the guilt of not voting.

I was going to vote for Obama and leave the rest of my ballot blank for other open elections. I didn't know enough about the other open seats in my state/neighborhood to make a good vote. With two kids under the age of two, free time is almost an illusion.Throw in the fact we are moving from our current residence in 7 months and it only gives me more reason not to vote for any particular candidate within my county/city. I also wasn't willing to just pick Democrats (because of my intention to vote for Obama/Dem) for my whole ballot because that defeats the purpose of democracy. I hate when people vote for one whole party without figuring out if they believe in each of the candidates ideas/beliefs.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 08:07:04 am by MinLo »

texasboy

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 05:23:08 am »

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 03:48:05 pm »
"They misunderestimated me."
 [trapped]

MinLo

texasboy

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 08:40:38 am »
 ;D Now if we can just get rid of the Labour Party in the UK.
cheers