Author Topic: why che? freeware application?  (Read 9971 times)

SANCE

why che? freeware application?
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:56:08 pm »
wel so i used the software for few days... i liked it the first time after that i started receiving these anoying pop ups on how i can get the pro version...

so i don't mind giving donation ... the way you call it... couse in my eyes donation is to donate something freely... basicly you are forcing people to donate with the popups or to remove the software...out of anoyance.

another thing "Che" stands for freedom and in my eyes this sofwtware is anything but free................

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: why che? freeware application?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:10:08 pm »
you only get a popup when you try to use a feature that is not included with the freeware version..  so dont click on Media Type button, Coffee Cups, or try to open multiple search tabs (there are only 3).

and its freeware because you can use all the basic features for free.. ie, searching all the sites for torrents. 

are the 3 extra features needed? nope.. not at all.. so please only donate if you like the software as it is, or if you would like to use the extra power features.

thanks for the feedback and for using bit che!
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

SANCE

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 01:28:46 am »
thanks for your respond..

wel in my case i have experienced getting the pop up even when i use the  "return" / "Enter" button on my keyboard after typing the search phrase or even just by clicking on the "search" button...

currently using 1.0 60 build

thats why i was so anoyed by it to uninstall it.. i will give it another try as i think its one of very usefull applications
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 01:30:36 am by SANCE »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:41:05 am »
thanks for your respond..

wel in my case i have experienced getting the pop up even when i use the  "return" / "Enter" button on my keyboard after typing the search phrase or even just by clicking on the "search" button...

currently using 1.0 60 build

thats why i was so anoyed by it to uninstall it.. i will give it another try as i think its one of very usefull applications

I used to get that, wasn't able to reproduce it though recently so didn't report it as a bug, also found it very annoying.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 01:55:40 am »
ahh.. that certainly is a bug then. i saw it happen to my brother once but then he found out it was because he accidentally set the first tab to "sticky" (right click)..

but this needs to be labeled as a bug, even if I cant reproduce it, I will have to go over the code and make some guesses on what could cause the messagebox to popup when just trying to do a simple search :/

sorry about that! and SANCE, i've unlocked your Forums account so you will not have the message anymore if you want (enter forums email/password into bit che).
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

SANCE

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 07:46:37 pm »

then i hope the bug can be fixed in the future and thanks for beeing so kind to open my account... [oops] [beerchug]