RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: I'm Voting Republican  (Read 10658 times)

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
I'm Voting Republican
« on: July 01, 2008, 04:32:30 am »
Spoof political add :) from over there

http://www.imvotingrepublican.com/

texasboy

Re: I'm Voting Republican
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:30:16 am »
Spoof political add :) from over there

http://www.imvotingrepublican.com/

Where the hell do you find this lot from.lol
Its probably similar to UK government. ie. We dont care what you think, we are going to do what we want to do. Gordan Brown throwing us into a EU treaty which we dont want,no referendum from the people. Such an As*hole. Sooner Labour goes bye,byes the better.. They are crippling the working class with their taxes and poor performance.
cheers

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:49:02 pm »
What and you think the cons will be any better ?

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »
Well said Tex......'they all pee in the same pot' >:(

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:50:20 pm »
Where the hell do you find this lot from.lol
Its probably similar to UK government. ie. We dont care what you think, we are going to do what we want to do. Gordan Brown throwing us into a EU treaty which we dont want,no referendum from the people. Such an As*hole. Sooner Labour goes bye,byes the better.. They are crippling the working class with their taxes and poor performance.
cheers

Yeah, never mind about the huge economic benefit of being in the EU, the fact that the treaty would give us more power in the EU and help it actually function and reduce the bureaucracy. Let's go with Conservatives who wouldn't have gone with the minimum wage, wouldn't of pushed for workers rights and still single out sections of society to blame for all the problems like single mothers, that's going to work out well.

I agree the tax system is screwed up when you take in to account of all taxes the poor pay a much bigger % of their wage than the rich, but that's nothing new under Labour and I have absolutely no doubt that the Conservatives will enhance this considerably as all right wing parties do in a capitalist society.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 09:52:52 pm by Quantum »
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

texasboy

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 07:43:07 am »

Yeah, never mind about the huge economic benefit of being in the EU, the fact that the treaty would give us more power in the EU and help it actually function and reduce the bureaucracy.

Sorry Quantum. Its all Bul*shit. The bureauarcy couldnt get any worse, Just one huge bandwagon  to feed the huge salaries that your bureaucrats are presently getting. They are crippling the EU with their idiotic rules. And the UK has been at the end of these rules. Try telling the French farmers that they have been millking the system too long and see what an uproar this will produce,!! In the meantime EU keeps on piling more and more sanctions on our fishermen but allows Spanish fleets to catch as much as they want in UK waters. Yes give me a salary of £360,000 pa and I would be willing to sort some of these greedy b*stards out and offer some common sense to what a common market is all about. Bureacarcy is at its all time high and we dont need to be joining these sleeze balls.
cheers

bovski, sorry to hi-jack your thread, but had to be said.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:48:03 am by texasboy »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 08:38:02 am »

Yeah, never mind about the huge economic benefit of being in the EU, the fact that the treaty would give us more power in the EU and help it actually function and reduce the bureaucracy.

Sorry Quantum. Its all Bul*shit. The bureauarcy couldnt get any worse

I agree! The bureaucracy is awful in the EU at the moment, because we've expanded the number of member states without changing the system to cope with the number of states, as you increase the number of states under the current system the complexity increases exponentially. That's why we need a new system.

Just one huge bandwagon  to feed the huge salaries that your bureaucrats are presently getting. They are crippling the EU with their idiotic rules. And the UK has been at the end of these rules. Try telling the French farmers that they have been millking the system too long and see what an uproar this will produce,!! In the meantime EU keeps on piling more and more sanctions on our fishermen but allows Spanish fleets to catch as much as they want in UK waters. Yes give me a salary of £360,000 pa and I would be willing to sort some of these greedy b*stards out and offer some common sense to what a common market is all about. Bureacarcy is at its all time high and we dont need to be joining these sleeze balls.

I agree, but in less harsh terms and would more carefully support the pros of the EU as well. But your main points are right:

* Governments and ministers in the EU milk the undeserved benefits for all they can (and just because you don't hear about it as much in the British press, don't think the British don't do it as well)
* Member states push forward idiotic rules and end up make some situations ridiculously complicated (and it is member states, don't think it magically comes out from Europe and we can just blame Europe for it, we're part of the problem we are pushing forward the idiotic rules).

To solve this we need to:

* Reduce the complexity of voting
* Make it so some member of the council of ministers can't just push forward some stupid policy regardless of democratic and economic interests
* Completely open up the legislative and financial process to public scrutiny
* Create a system where the EU can have governed directions so we are actually a global economic player

The EU constitution pushed forward a little on these points and The Treaty of Lisbon half-heartedly pushes forward on most of these points. However the anti-EU crowd that understand this deploy propaganda to make it look like they do the opposite, because they know keeping the current system is more frustrating for people that what would be achieved under a new reformed system which gives them more fodder to attack the EU.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:39:56 am by Quantum »
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."