RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: TV on PC  (Read 14224 times)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
TV on PC
« on: August 15, 2008, 09:13:24 am »
Does anybody know about watching TV channels on your computer?
I have downloaded TVants and sopcast, but without much success :-[
and if successful, what do you need to transfer from PC to normal TV??
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:16:36 am by billyfridge »

texasboy

Re: TV on PC
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:43:15 am »
Have a look at my latest e-mail.

Now available for JUST $29.99!
FREE DTV Radio Player Included!

Click here to buy physical!     

Click here to buy digital!   

FAQs
What is DTV Digital Radio Player? Our radio player built-in to DTV4PC which allows you access to over 2,000 radio stations from around the world.

Can I install DTV4PC on additional computers? Yes, you can install DTV4PC on one additional computer. Enjoy DTV4PC at home or away on your laptop.

What Operating Systems does DTV4PC work on? DTV4PC works on any computer running Windows 2000, XP or Vista.

Does DTV4PC work with my wireless router or firewall? Yes, DTV4PC works with any type of Internet connection.

Do I have to buy anything else in order to access 1,000+ live channels on my PC? No! DTV4PC software and an Internet connection is all you need.

Are there any subscription fees or recurring payments? No. Purchase DV4PC for $29.99 and start watching broadcasts from around the world. DTV4PC works anywhere and everywhere in the world with an Internet connection.

Does DTV4PC only work in North America? No. DTV4PC works anywhere and everywhere in the world with an Internet connection.

Can I watch local channels with DTV4PC? Yes! DTV4PC gives you access to hundreds of local channels from all over the world (local channels specific to your geographic location may or may not be viewable).

Can I install DTV4PC on my laptop? Yes, you can! Install DTV4PC on your laptop and watch live television from around world anywhere you travel.

DTV4PC delivers over 1,000 TV channels to your PC!
Pay once and turn your PC into a complete digital entertainment center. No subscriptions, no pay-per-view, no recurring fees, no hidden charges!

No monthly charges
Hundreds of worldwide programs
Watch broadcasts from any time zone
INCLUDED BONUS: DTV Radio Player gives you full access to over 2,000 live radio stations from around the world!

Unlock the TV in your PC today with DTV4PC.
Imagine watching over 1,000 live television channels all at the convenience and comfort of your desktop or laptop computer. From local, national or international broadcasters, you have easy, online access to a huge variety of programming.
Avoid the need for expensive hardware to get international channels. Avoid unnecessary monthly charges and start enjoying television from all over the world from the convenience and comfort of your PC.

Outstanding convenience
Remove time zone limitations! Watch your favorite show when it’s convenient for you. With access to broadcasters from all over the world, you can watch your favorite show or televised event hours before or after it’s regularly scheduled to be broadcast in your area. Watch broadcasts from any time zone!
Easy to use
Manage your favorite channels quickly and easy with DTV4PC. Create channel lists, sort by country, search for your programming and more with the easy-to-use menu interface. Why waste time channel surfing when you can watch what you want to watch with DTV4PC?
Worldwide sports coverage
Foreign sporting events you wish were broadcast in the US are now available to you! Enjoy top games and special programs featuring your favorite sports! Choose from more than 30 channels showing baseball, soccer, football, basketball, tennis, auto racing and more. 

National and local news, weather and politics
Get direct coverage of breaking news, political events, briefings and special reports whether 10 or 10,000 miles away. Tune in directly to political hot spots in the Middle East, Europe, Washington DC and many more! 
Music and videos
Access music and videos from all over the world! Discover new music and artists or simply relax and enjoy your favorite genres. Watch and listen to concerts, live performances and fresh, new videos. 
More movies and family-friendly entertainment
Enjoy a variety of movies and movie trailers, talk shows, videos, kids’ channels, educational programs, concerts and performances broadcast from all over the world. 
System Requirements: Windows 2000, XP or Vista; 166 MHz Pentium Class Processor or better; 64MB RAM or more; 20MB of disk space for installation; Broadband network connection (512 kbps or higher); DirectX 9 or higher; Windows Media Player and Real Player are required (see documentation for links to free downloads); No TV Card is required

What are you waiting for?
Buy DTV4PC for just $29.99 and unlock the free TV in your PC!

Money-Back Guarantee:
There are no worries with our 30-day, "no questions asked" return policy.

So for about £15 from Dev Depot(will pass on web address) sounds reasonable. Have one pc already with card, but this sounds pretty good.
Reliable source and may try this.
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 01:52:16 pm »
Erm...

Just get a TV card, stick it in your computer and then stick the ariel in it. You get full freeview then and can record T.V shows and in many cases watch others at the same time. But read about on reviews of them.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:46:32 pm »
Erm...

Just get a TV card, stick it in your computer and then stick the ariel in it. You get full freeview then and can record T.V shows and in many cases watch others at the same time. But read about on reviews of them.

Thanx Quantum  ;D  I didn't know there were such cards, so it's pretty much like a freeview box?
It's the Pemiership football games I'm after, I've got Setanta with my Virgin Media bundle, but I can't afford Skye as well.
I checked out the two main  PC to TV programs, 'TVAnts, and Sopcast' even some software that has to be paid for, they offer 1,000's of channels, but not the one's i'm looking for.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 12:55:13 am »
Yeah, it's just like a freeview box, I've never personally set one up, but a friend has and got it working really nicely. I'm looking at getting one in the next couple of months though.

But here's an example of where you can get them: http://www.ebuyer.com/search?sort=pricelow&store=2&cat=216&limit=10&page=1

Just make sure you grab a review of them first!

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 04:33:21 am »
Sorry Quantum, I must have given you the wrong impression ::) I have got three working freeview boxes. It's the free football channels I'm after. for instance, I just watched the Manchester United---Newcastle match on my PC. This was broadcast on Skye sports one, a pay per view channel, it didn't cost me a penny, BUT, the graphics were not good.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 06:12:32 pm »
Sorry Quantum, I must have given you the wrong impression ::) I have got three working freeview boxes. It's the free football channels I'm after. for instance, I just watched the Manchester United---Newcastle match on my PC. This was broadcast on Skye sports one, a pay per view channel, it didn't cost me a penny, BUT, the graphics were not good.

I don't know sorry, the legality of any such solution there will be legally tenuous, the best you can do is find somewhere that streams it over the internet (the quality will always be poor or the internet would start melting) or tune a satellite in to a foreign television channel.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 06:25:44 pm »

I don't know sorry, the legality of any such solution there will be legally tenuous, the best you can do is find somewhere that streams it over the internet (the quality will always be poor or the internet would start melting) or tune a satellite in to a foreign television channel.

Don't tell Tex he will set the cops on me  <----x:|

texasboy

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 05:24:33 am »
 ;D Billy as I mentioned before I have one PC runnig a card with usual supplied plug in ariel. I find quite the opposite regarding quality. With the portable ariel you have to move this around just as any indoor one. Depending where you are in the house picture quality can be reasonable to downright crap.
On the other hand streaming internet international tv to pc is excellent. Just installed software from Dishnet £27 (my card was nearly £50). Can get hundreds of tv channels from around the globe and most are of excellent quality,Brazil/italy/usa/china etc. Admittedly lots of shopping/religious ones,but plenty of movies/wildlife and up to date sports from italy/spain and UK including Setana. You can add channels as you find them,many others to add to your important stuff >:D.
One thing to note is to always right click and run as Administrator when you first open program.Time zones come into play but at our PM time all the stations in north/south america are up and running.
cheers

graphics tend to be poor on any internet program if you dont have a reasonable graphics card and processor.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:57:31 am by texasboy »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 10:41:05 pm »
graphics tend to be poor on any internet program if you dont have a reasonable graphics card and processor.

Not really related, you need a decent processor to run high bit rate programs, but that's it, the quality looks the same no matter what processor your running it on.