RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: The Unofficial UK Football Page 2008-09  (Read 322404 times)

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
Re: The New Unofficial UK Football Page
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 01:12:04 am »
probably, if I subscribe to Setanta here I get every match I think (but not all live)

texasboy

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 07:27:14 am »
 ;D  NWM havent looked at the schedule, but reckon that the best match will be Man U v Spurs. The underdogs v the underdogs. Cant wait. >:D
cheers

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 01:34:22 am »
Sorry Tex, but I think I'm going to have to back Man U on that one... They spend all that money and still haven't won a game? I wonder how long the club will keep its patience with Ramos.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 07:43:14 am »
I just found out that I can get all Sky sports channels on Virgin Media for an extra £18 per month...WOW that means I can watch all the Premiership games...yesssssssssssss. ;D

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 01:04:02 pm »
Damn that sounds a lot for just sports channels?

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 08:42:04 pm »

Yes B....I'm having to re-think, it is a bit steep, i'm paying on average £45 per month for Virgin Media (fibre optics cable) this includes, landline phone, broadband, all tv progs,and setanta sports.

texasboy

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 04:49:01 am »
Not a great start to the season for Man U.lol

Rooney's fuel fiasco

The Manchester United star and his wife had to be rescued after he filled Coleen’s £90k 4x4 up with the wrong fuel.

Multimillionaire footballer Wayne Rooney and his wife Coleen were rescued from the M62 in Cheshire when the customised Overfinch they were driving sputtered to a halt.

Turns out Wayne filled up Coleen’s super diesel bling-bus with unleaded petrol. According to the Mirror, the couple’s car gave up between Junctions nine and 10 at Warrington, with plenty of rubber-necking had by a number of passers by.

One motorist told the Mirror, “The traffic was running slow, so we got a good look. The hazard lights were flashing and Wayne was talking to a Highways Agency patrol driver. He looked pretty sheepish.”

A member of staff at the Burtonwood Services, where the couple stopped to refuel, told papers Wayne was the one driving and it was the footballer himself who got out to refuel.

Needless to say, Coleen didn’t seem very impressed with her new husband’s mistake. The cost of flushing an engine out to repair the damage caused by putting in the wrong fuel can be prohibitively expensive. But perhaps not for the Rooneys.

The tabloid-happy couple aren’t short of a ride, however. They reportedly own, amongst others, a Lamborghini Gallardo, Bentley Continental GT, BMW M6 and an Aston Martin Vanquish.

cheers

For those of you interested in football. Chelsea have just beaten Portsmouth 4-0 and Spurs won their first game in the carling cup games. I guess Spurs are just getting ready for Man U. >:D
cheers
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 08:25:01 am by texasboy »

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 11:49:21 am »

Yes B....I'm having to re-think, it is a bit steep, i'm paying on average £45 per month for Virgin Media (fibre optics cable) this includes, landline phone, broadband, all tv progs,and setanta sports.

WOW now that is CHEAP! and they want you to pay nearly half that just for extra sports channels?

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 06:22:06 pm »

WOW now that is CHEAP! and they want you to pay nearly half that just for extra sports channels?

Yes if i want to see the rest of the premiership games.......setanta do about 49 games, and Sky do the rest.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 08:00:01 pm »
ITV/BBC must broadcast some too?

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 08:09:37 pm »
ITV/BBC must broadcast some too?

not many....usually FA cup matches.

texasboy

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2008, 05:07:13 am »
 ;D  Me thinks NWM will have to ammend his Ha,Ha approach for Arsenal. Imagine Hull 2-1 Arsenal today, and not an excuse in sight. >:D

cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2008, 09:08:03 am »
OMG....are you trying to tell us that Hull who has just moved up from the first division, has beaten Arsenal, and knocked them off the top of the Prem,........I dont believe it!!!!!........the goalie must have slipped on a banana........ [shifty]

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2008, 02:26:38 pm »
Yes yes I know.

To be honest though, they played very well and we played only ok. They got a bit of luck... but they used good tactics.

Arsenal strikers just not onto it! van persie had shots left right up high down low anywhere but in the goal. Gallas of the post, Ade missing too... Vela tripping over the ball from 2 yards... just one of those days. But Hull will definitely be in the Prem Division next season, they are fighters.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
The Unofficial UK Football Page 2008-09
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 01:51:40 pm »
Pinned & replace old topic