Author Topic: The Unofficial UK Football Page 2008-09  (Read 322465 times)

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial UK Football Page 2008-09
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2008, 01:05:38 pm »
Arsenal are not doing very well, I doubt if they will be in the top four at the end of this season. [no]

Oh come on Billy:
Arsenal 10 games 20 points
Man U 9 Games 18 points
even if you win your next game you'll only be 1 point above?

10 games through, nothing is sorted yet  :)

And spurs were damn lucky  >:( RvP should have stayed on... but what's done is done.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2008, 08:19:29 pm »
I know Banana, it's just a feeling I have, you gotta be good to put one goal past Arsenal, but 4????

I started to do a new topic on 'football predictions' but not enough members are interested in football, so i cancelled it.

texasboy

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2008, 06:45:37 am »
Arsenal are not doing very well, I doubt if they will be in the top four at the end of this season. [no]

Oh come on Billy:
Arsenal 10 games 20 points
Man U 9 Games 18 points
even if you win your next game you'll only be 1 point above?

10 games through, nothing is sorted yet  :)

And spurs were damn lucky   >:( RvP should have stayed on... but what's done is done.

You know I have to cut in here. Just finished watching highlights of Arsenal v Spurs and the last few minutes were a treat. Sloppy defending by arsenal and Spurs played on as a team inspired and never gave up. They truely deserved the points. This should inspire them on future games.  Maybe not just Arsenal but Man U will not make it to the first four.  Too many teams  causing tears. Would have been worried about Hull against Chelsea but managed to get by.
As Billy said we do not have enough members following UK football on the forum. Its a shame as a little bit of extra input would be helpful,any more Chelsea fans out there,help. >:D
cheers

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2008, 12:47:59 am »
Maybe because you didn't watch the whole game... but Tex spurs did not deserve a point from that game. They didn't play very well for 90 mins... and then some sleepiness at the back and a 4-2 89th minute scoreline is a 4-4 scoreline in 90+4. I really don't think they deserved a point just for playing a good 4 mins of the game.

Either way, we should have bloody won it!!

Hull will slip Tex. They're doing well, and getting the points based on attitude. If you have confidence within your squad it can go a long way! But you wait until they lose a few (they don't have a good enough team to stay up that long), they will drop quickly when they lose that confidence. But I still think they'll get a mid-table result, which for a team I had never even head of until last season, is pretty good!

Play Stoke tomorrow. If we don't win that, I can agree that we're lagging a bit far!

What do you reckon of Liverpool? They have a strong team... streak? Or will they be a proper contender this time?

texasboy

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2008, 07:03:05 am »
but Tex spurs did not deserve a point from that game. They didn't play very well for 90 mins
Either way, we should have bloody won it!!

What do you reckon of Liverpool? They have a strong team... streak? Or will they be a proper contender this time?
Your Ar*e (am I allowed to say that)  Arsenal were beaten fair and square. You let the guard down thinking that Spurs would be a walkover, and you paid the price. If Spurs can get 4 past the line then  someone failed,or they were just out to show that they could do against a somewhat top premier  club.
Liverpool will be up and down causing many upsets along the way,but in my mind this is the Chelsea year.
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2008, 08:33:43 am »
Yeah..yeah..yeah....dream on Tex ::), Man U will do wot they always do...pip yer at the post LOL
Liverpool are the wild card, I can see them coming 2nd, Chelsea 3rd, and the Gunners 4th.
I think Banana's right about Hull, they will be a shooting star.
There is a good darts competition on in Germany Tex you might pick a winner there,  (hint..Taylor) ;D

:D

dtl

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2008, 08:51:16 am »
Chelsea to win this year .it's about time a london team win's the league :D

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2008, 10:56:08 pm »
Chelsea to win this year .it's about time a london team win's the league :D

Naaah......some 'cowboy' even thinks Spurs might win, that is not gonna happen ;)

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2008, 11:33:37 pm »
Spurs v Liverpool soon. I think all 3 of us (or 4 now?) are hoping for a Spurs win on this one (as an Arsenal fan, it's a bit weird to say such a thing!).

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2008, 06:16:35 am »
Spurs v Liverpool soon. I think all 3 of us (or 4 now?) are hoping for a Spurs win on this one (as an Arsenal fan, it's a bit weird to say such a thing!).

And they did...2-1 for Spurs.....that will teach Benites to 'rest' Torres :D

dtl

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2008, 08:39:04 am »
spurs have made a fast turn around with harry in charge. what has he said to make them pick up there game ??? or are they sh*tting them selfs thinking there out of work after christmas when he move's in the pompey team lol

texasboy

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2008, 09:46:05 am »
 ;D What a day in the premier league.lol. Hull almost embarrassed our red devil friends.
Arsenal, down again. Spurs getting up to steam and sending Liverpool to the happy hunting grounds. >:D Bring on Man U says Rednapp. Billy beware,the upset is coming. ::)
Now let me check on Chelsea,ah yes I see they added a few goals today,only 5?, still you cant be perfect all the time.
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2008, 09:53:13 am »
;D What a day in the premier league.lol. Hull almost embarrassed our red devil friends.
Arsenal, down again. Spurs getting up to steam and sending Liverpool to the happy hunting grounds. >:D Bring on Man U says Rednapp. Billy beware,the upset is coming. ::)
Now let me check on Chelsea,ah yes I see they added a few goals today,only 5?, still you cant be perfect all the time.
cheers

Hmmmm...that Hull game will teach Man U players not to relax when they get in front.
did you see Berbatov??....that guy is poetry in motion ;D

texasboy

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2008, 09:59:02 am »
cheers

Hmmmm...that Hull game will teach Man U players not to relax when they get in front.
did you see Berbatov??....that guy is poetry in motion ;D

Yeh, but too many chances slipped away. Still NWM  will be pleased with the Spurs result,but will find some excuse for Arsenal.lol
cheers

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2008, 09:21:19 pm »
Play Stoke tomorrow. If we don't win that, I can agree that we're lagging a bit far!

I quote myself Tex. There's no excuse I can pull out for that. I mean even the 1 goal we got, was lucky.