RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: The Unofficial UK Football Page 2008-09  (Read 317980 times)

texasboy

Re: The Unofficial UK Football Page 2008-09
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2009, 08:46:23 am »
What a crappy way for Arsenal to beat Hull. Arsenals 2nd goal was clearly offside even on replay.
Must remember to include officials in my pin sticking. >:D
At least Chelsea have the easier of the two. ;D
cheers

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2009, 10:01:49 am »
We'll see in a month then won't we  ;D

texasboy

« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2009, 09:40:49 am »
 ;D Come on Everton,you can do it. >:D
cheers

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2009, 03:07:16 pm »
Pah. This crap about Cesc spitting... I know I'm bias but it really does seem like some kind of sore loser attack on Arsenal. It's funny the amount of pictures showing up of Arsene Wenger shaking Brown's hand (which apparently has never happened at any game according to the Hull boss). The media is really criticising Arsenal? We seemed to be not liked for doing well at the moment, I'm sure that won't stop us though. But really, the media is really pushing the Cesc spitting thing (to the point where they just accuse him of doing it, and ridicule Cesc's response) as well as the commentators of the game (i watched it on Sentanta online - found a free stream whoopeee) seemingly anti-Arsenal too.

I even saw there was an article saying that the Arsenal fans have hated Gallas until he scored that goal...? What a load of rubbish. He's been brilliant since he is no longer captain. Quiet and a rock in defense. In fact I even was happy to see Toure come up to Gallas after the game with a big smile and give him a hug, exchanging a few words. Another thing which the media really piggybacked on making a huge deal of - but I don't see any stories about them seeming to be fine with each other after this game?

Pah.

Onto Newcastle  8)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2009, 06:42:18 pm »
The only good thing about this, Banana, is that while the Media is slagging Arsenal off, they are leaving Man U alone. I must admit The Gunners are playing well atm 'grudgingly'...LOL ::)

I like yer sig.....it looks very like a pic from a hilltop above my home town.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:46:05 pm by billyfridge »

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2009, 12:15:58 am »
I found the photo online. It's actually not at night, but with some tweaking..! Ha.. it still doesn't really look like night...and it did bring out some artefacts as the original wasn't that good... (there's a Tex joke here I'm sure)
Although I just realised I cropped it at a crap point because you only can half see that star. Meh.

Billy, you think Fergie will pay 32mill for Tevez? I think he's worth it... but not with the amount that he plays at Man U. I think he's one of the best strikers in the world, but seems to be 'that good player on the bench' since Berba came along.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2009, 06:14:00 pm »
Dunno Banana.....Je Sung Park, and Tevez are very similar players in as much as they both work hard in and around the box, so he may not pay for Tevez.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2009, 10:14:43 pm »
I don't think he will. It would be a shame to see him at Real Madrid, I think they are the wrong team for him.

Like the Champions League draw Billy? Seems very nice for us, plus a chance at a ManU v Arsenal semi final if you can beat Porto  ;)

Not so good for Chelsea... first Liverpool, then Barca or Bayern, then ManU or Arsenal....  ;D

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2009, 09:30:41 am »
I don't think he will. It would be a shame to see him at Real Madrid, I think they are the wrong team for him.

Like the Champions League draw Billy? Seems very nice for us, plus a chance at a ManU v Arsenal semi final if you can beat Porto  ;)

Not so good for Chelsea... first Liverpool, then Barca or Bayern, then ManU or Arsenal....  ;D

Looking good for us Banana....LOL

texasboy

« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2009, 09:31:35 am »
 ;D Strange world out there at moment.
Man U/Chelsea/Everton all lost today. Arsenal won.

But the best news was that Ireland won "The Grand Slam" at rugby . What a game it was with Wales. Nail biting stuff. Brilliant!!

A little note for NWM. Yahoo sport covers all the Aussie rugby including "the super 14"
cheers.
note---notice I`m not picking on Billy/Man U tonight. They have enough on their plate. >:D

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2009, 05:41:46 pm »
I'm not a rugby fan. Besides all I hear of here is Aussie Rules. Now THAT is a game I just do not understand.

Offline peacefulguy

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2009, 06:13:53 pm »
Haha thats so true, it a mix of rugby football and wrestling, ohh and a bit of boxing as well lol  ;D ;D ;D

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2009, 07:01:30 pm »
;D Strange world out there at moment.
Man U/Chelsea/Everton all lost today. Arsenal won.

But the best news was that Ireland won "The Grand Slam" at rugby . What a game it was with Wales. Nail biting stuff. Brilliant!!

A little note for NWM. Yahoo sport covers all the Aussie rugby including "the super 14"
cheers.
note---notice I`m not picking on Billy/Man U tonight. They have enough on their plate. >:D

Thanx Tex......you can be a gentleman.....sometimes...lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:10:21 pm by TheNightWatchman »

texasboy

« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2009, 07:11:23 am »
Well the BLUES are picking up steam again. Another RED team hammered tonight. Chelsea 3 Liverpool 1.
Any more RED teams out there ??. lol
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2009, 08:39:56 am »
Well the BLUES are picking up steam again. Another RED team hammered tonight. Chelsea 3 Liverpool 1.
Any more RED teams out there ??. lol
cheers

Oh has Chelsea won one Tex, i bet that cheered you up.....he he he