RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Wondows Vista takes ages to shutdown  (Read 6186 times)

FutureQuest

Wondows Vista takes ages to shutdown
« on: August 18, 2008, 06:15:12 pm »
Hi There,

Somewhere along the road something must have happened that caused my Windows Vista to take more than 5 minutes to shutdown. In trying to solve this problem I cleaned up my registry (registry booster), cleaned up the programs that windows will open on startup, changed the time in which windows can force programs to be closed, but nothing seems to help.

Is there anyone of you with suggestions that can help? For so far I've tried all the google-able options.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Wondows Vista takes ages to shutdown
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:38:01 pm »
Well assuming you've been through all the start up files. the easiest solution is to back everything important up and re-install windows. Then just be careful with things, make sure you keep everything up to date, use programs like ccleaner and spybot search and destroy on a regular basis and defrag occasionally as well. If it happens again try and spot what were the last things done.

Windows is quite frankly a bit of a crappy operating system for this sort of thing, but even if it unlikely happened on a Linux OS and there was nothing obvious in the start-up files.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."