Forums > P2P - Filesharing

TOP 25 torrent sites article

(1/1)

death:
Thought this article maybe helpful to any newcomers or those that may be interested in torrent site rankings.

Some guy named Martin wrote this article and I give him the credit as I stole it from somewhere else.

Top 25 torrent sites (September 2008)
Posted on 29.08.2008 at 22:41 in Offtopic by Martin

I decided to compile a list of Top 25 torrent websites to the current date, which means almost the beginning of September. I’ve seen similar lists few years ago but noone really updated them anymore and there were some new players on this field as well, so here’s the actual version. The list includes only public websites, which allows you to download torrents without registration or ratio requirements.

All the numbers are based on Alexa rating. While Alexa struggles to provide exact numbers for smaller websites, it’s quite accurate for big sites like these on the list. I looked for actual rating of each website and also added the rating which the site held back in March 2008. The rating expresses the popularity of the website on the whole internet, so number 69 in case of Mininova means it’s the 69th most popular website on the world. The last column is obviously the percentual change between these two dates.

Some interesting results can be interpreted after analyzing this chart. Mininova still remains the world’s most popular BitTorrent website, but their position was even stronger half a year ago. The Pirate Bay which secured the second position actually improved a bit. The third place is occupied by Isohunt, which remains on the same level.

The biggest movers are fifth Demonoid (which was basically offline in March), meta indexer Torrentz.ws and Onlytorrents.com at 18th place. On the other hand, torrent sites which experienced the biggest outflow of visitors are Torrentspy (shut down due to court order), relatively unknown GamesTorrents and also myBittorrent.com.

death:
bump

Synbios:
where's the actual list?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version