RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: I have downloaded my first film, can anyone tell me the next step for me to c it  (Read 8812 times)

Offline jade3kids

• View Profile
Just signed on and downloaded a film, can anyone tell me how to get it into my media played library to now watch it.  Thanking you. J
Retiree been living in sunny spain approx 4 years.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
if it's been dowloaded by utorrent right clik on the file and clik on 'open containing folder'....... but you must check it with your antivirus first before opening the file.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:59:11 pm by billyfridge »

Offline jade3kids

• View Profile
Thank you for your response, I did an AVG virus all seemed ok, I opened the file the screen came up and sound working well, but no film! any ideas, I am a novice. J

Offline fuzzytomcat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi Jade3kids,

Inside the movie folder you downloaded, there should be a file or files as a single movie clip or video clip Icon, it should say AVI or MPEG this should be your movie. Sometimes in the "downloaded" folder, there are other things such as MP3 or shortcuts from the torrent or torrent tracker.

But all video clips should all have sound and "video" together on the files.

If there is no "single clip" or "video clip Icon" that has a AVI or MPEG on it in your folder, something is wrong you might try again maybe with another torrent source.

We can not condone here at the Forum the use of copyrighted material and "many" files that are movies do have bugs in them, as "Billyfridge" indicated you should use a anti virus program to check "all" downloaded files prior to opening them.

I hope this help you, Happy Hunting !!

Fuzzy
 ;D

Offline jade3kids

• View Profile
Thank you for your information, I have opened in utorrent the film and it reads, within the two icons the letters AVI,  under the first icon is the name of the film and then PFD ENG Sample, the second icon next to the name of the film is TS PFD Eng XviD, have i downloaded the wrong info to enable me to see the film, I still only have sound!  Other info is I used Bit Che, utorrent and source ISO Hunt. Thanking you for your help.

Offline fuzzytomcat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thank you for your information, I have opened in utorrent the film and it reads, within the two icons the letters AVI,  under the first icon is the name of the film and then PFD ENG Sample, the second icon next to the name of the film is TS PFD Eng XviD, have i downloaded the wrong info to enable me to see the film, I still only have sound!  Other info is I used Bit Che, utorrent and source ISO Hunt. Thanking you for your help.

Hi Jade3kids,

It looks as if you may have downloaded a "Xvid" format video which may not play on the player you have, if your using the Windows Media player you can download a "codec" possibly like http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/codec/ so "Xvid" movies work on the Windows Media player "OR"  download a stand alone video player such as "Xvid" media player http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/.

This is one of those thing you must decide on when downloading videos from torrents, there are many diffrent video format types ....... I try to only download AVI and MPEG files as they play on most any player available without any modifications.

Hope this helps,
Fuzzy
 ;D

Offline jade3kids

• View Profile
Hi Fuzzytomcat,
Great, that worked the first link, I now have my film.  Thank you, J