RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Google Chrome  (Read 7400 times)

surfer

Google Chrome
« on: September 24, 2008, 05:44:27 pm »
Anyone else enjoying Google's new browser?

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:36:14 am »
Tried it out, I'm mostly keeping with Firefox, I think its simplistic design is really targeted at average IE user.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline Jaxx89

• Me and only me
  • Unleash the devil within!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 03:18:42 am »
well considering it is in beta obviously it has a lot of flaws and doesnt have a lot of features that other browsers have.
Yeah it gives me a slight better speed on some of the sites
BUT Remember one thing though Google is recording your keystrokes. So if you are more concerned about privacy then better not use this browser.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 08:03:55 am »
well considering it is in beta obviously it has a lot of flaws and doesnt have a lot of features that other browsers have.
Yeah it gives me a slight better speed on some of the sites
BUT Remember one thing though Google is recording your keystrokes. So if you are more concerned about privacy then better not use this browser.

Google is NOT recording your keystrokes. It's open source and picked apart with a fine tooth comb by some, you can now download a version called Iron which doesn't transmit any anonymous data to Google (stuff which helps Phishing protection and what have you)

It used to  have a crazy EULA about all works you make, them owning the copyright to them, but they removed that.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:06:09 am by Quantum »
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

xSyn

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:10:52 am »
I'm going to stick with Firefox... I mean... I tried out Google Chrome, and... I just don't like it... It's way to simple and doesn't really seem designed... I mean a multi-million company should be able to design... A more advanced... Browser... Even though it is in beta last time I checked... I still think it is more or less... A quick easy build.