RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: dumping your partner  (Read 10188 times)

texasboy

dumping your partner
« on: September 21, 2008, 05:14:27 am »
 ;D Some of you have been in a position where you want to get out of a relationship.
Here are some of the general rules to abide by.

http://www.virginmedia.com/dating/dumping-new.php

Be interested to hear how any of you got out, and how you managed it??
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: dumping your partner
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:10:00 am »
OMG Tex...that is a ticklish subject ::)

I have only been dumped once, I was 16, and I was devastated. we had been dating for about a month,  On the last date we were kissing outside her house, and she held me tighter, and said ''I've got something to tell you'' she is going to tell me she loves me, I thought. ''I'm finishing with you'' she said. I mumbled something like 'oh ok' and walked off. The next time I saw her out, she was with my best mate's older brother.
At least she dumped me right!!!

I've only dumped one girl, as far as I can remember, She was the girl who introduced me to lovemaking, she was three years older than me. We had a few pregnancy scares, This was before the 'pill'. I thought this has to stop before she does get pregnant. I dumped her on the top of a double decker bus on our way to a party, needless to say the party was awful, the last I saw of her was in a room at that party, drunk, with two guys, I made a quick exit.

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:46:55 am »
 ;D Billy,
We all did crazy things in our younger days.
One of my worst ones was in Washington DC. Met a beautiful young Korean girl,took her under my wing,wined and dined,no complaints until after a few weeks  I find she is becoming very possesive,and I am not allowed to talk or glance at another female. More and more of her possessions seemed to be straying into my new 3 bedroom condo. Sat her down one night to have a talk. She said that if I as much as paid  any attention to another girl that she would quietly slit my throat when I was sleeping. WARNING ::).

So me being the perfect gentleman,gathered up all her belongings,left them with security,promptly took myself and a friend off to the Bahamas (NASSAU) for 2 weeks.(it was cheap in those days $200 for a week including  flight/hotel). Locks changed,phone number changed. W`Hewww,lucky escape.

May have mentioned this one on old forum.
cheers

texasboy

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:02:55 am »
 ;D Well Billy , looks like you and I are the only ones on here that ever dumped a partner, ::)

Maybe members are too shy to admit anything.lol
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 08:16:09 am »
;D Well Billy , looks like you and I are the only ones on here that ever dumped a partner, ::)

Maybe members are too shy to admit anything.lol
cheers

Either that, or they got more sense than to pick the wrong partner [shifty]

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 11:01:07 am »
uhhh.... I dumped the girl I was in first serious relationship with and was dumped by the girl I was in the 2nd serious relationship.

But there's not much of a story to either, both were a bit bad and painful and really for stupid reasons.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 08:46:08 am »
uhhh.... I dumped the girl I was in first serious relationship with and was dumped by the girl I was in the 2nd serious relationship.

But there's not much of a story to either, both were a bit bad and painful and really for stupid reasons.

Good to hear your comment Quantum. Its all part of life and growing up. Very few of our members would have the guts to answer this one and give a detail or two. >:D
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 11:08:23 am »
Good to hear your comment Quantum. Its all part of life and growing up. Very few of our members would have the guts to answer this one and give a detail or two. >:D
cheers

Of course, I don't regret either of the experiences, I'd be even less developed of a person today than I am now without them lol.

The first girl was on that had a crush on me in college, I ended up leaving her because I had some very messed up emotions about things back then and I didn't really know what I was doing. Being a 'nerd' in highschool I'd never really thought about that sort of thing, it was weird to find a girl who liked me at all (it was wider in uni to realize that wasn't a statistical fluke lol).

As for the girl that left me, well it happened earlier this year. Things were a bit complex from the beginning, we met amongst a group of friends with very complex relationships and histories, she left someone to be with me and we were very close very quickly. I'm fairly sure at the end of it we'd both just about fallen in love with each other without admitting it. But like me she was very over-analytical about everything and she didn't want to hurt me too much so when she moved back home to Korea for the summer, she didn't trust herself to be committal for that long given how she'd been this past year, so she just cut off all communication. It was quite sad really, but our time together was really romantic and happy, so I generally just smile about it  :D
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 08:14:42 pm »
I had a girlfriend taken away from me.
 I was 18, she was 16. We were very much in love. Her parents were rich, mine were poor. She was out of my class. We spent about a year together, then her family moved about 150 miles away. I was devastated. It took me about a year to get over her, I never did get over her completely.
To be dumped is bad enough, but to be wrenched apart is horrible for both of you.