RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Sectarian problems  (Read 10339 times)

texasboy

Sectarian problems
« on: August 13, 2006, 05:53:55 am »
How about Glasgow Rangers they play in Blue  :)

::) I dont support sectarian teams :-[
cheers
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:19:50 am by danny251 »

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sports teams
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 05:55:58 am »
It's the fans that are sectarian not the club. Rangers have actually taken huge steps to rid Ibrox of that and most of the fans are complying. You get the few idiots who still sing sectarian songs though.

texasboy

Re: Sports teams
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 06:17:36 am »
It's the fans that are sectarian not the club. Rangers have actually taken huge steps to rid Ibrox of that and most of the fans are complying. You get the few idiots who still sing sectarian songs though.

Yeh I know both Celtic and Rangers clubs are trying to make changes, but the sectarian hatred has already been installed into the fans. In Belfast it is a religious  hatred of either team depending if you are catholic or protestant. Stena Line ferries have seperate sailing times for each supporters as they usually wreck the ship with fights if they travel together. If rangers/Celtic could solve this problem then it would also help to stop the hatred in N.Ireland. Its hard to change decades of this hatred when the parents are passing on the same feelings to their children. Maybe this should be in a different topic?
cheers

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sectarian problems
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 06:29:54 am »
I have split it into two topics m8.

Yeah I agree but I think that it is getting better in Scottish football and especially now with the clubs taking measures to stamp this problem out thing can only get better. Hopefully this generation of kids take on board what the clubs are saying and they don't stamp bigotry and sectarianism onto their children and so forth.

Whats it like concerning this issue where you are?

texasboy

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 06:48:34 am »
The problem in N.Ireland and Scotland with Rangers and Celtic clubs is that the hatred comes with the fans ,and unless draconian measures are put in place to ban these fans. ie.monitor their behaviour on the ship,on the streets,at the match and after.etc publish the offenders,ban them from matches,ban them from travelling to the match. Fine the supporters clubs.
Its not only these clubs that have their problems. In the UK how many times have you heard "monkey" and seen bananas thrown on to the pitch.? Football has changed.Players from many countries are on UK teams (different skin colours yes).Yet it is always the so called fans of football that cause the sectarianism. Its part of the love of good football that needs to be changed.

Longwinded?yes. :-[
cheers

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 06:55:18 am »
amen to that!
Eto gets monkey chants sung to him all the time in Spain. The problem is worldwide
Rangers were actually fined for fans singing these songs at the Villarreal game and that has had a big affect on the fans behaviour it definately improved after that incident.

I totally agreed with that Uefa desicion in the end!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:58:14 am by danny251 »

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 05:39:01 am »
amen to that!
Eto gets monkey chants sung to him all the time in Spain. The problem is worldwide
Rangers were actually fined for fans singing these songs at the Villarreal game and that has had a big affect on the fans behaviour it definately improved after that incident.

I totally agreed with that Uefa desicion in the end!

Maybe thats the way to go. Make the Supporters clubs totally responsible for their fans conduct. Fine them as necessary and maybe then the message will get through.!
cheers