Author Topic: How to create a Mulit Boot system for XP????  (Read 6608 times)

Offline Jaxx89

• Me and only me
  • Unleash the devil within!!!!!
    • View Profile
How to create a Mulit Boot system for XP????
« on: October 23, 2008, 08:49:02 am »
Hey guys
been long and haven't been able to come on quite often coza my freakin sinus and deviated septum prob... whats more I have pharangytis now and have to get operated.
Anywayz apart from that

I need to create a dual boot OS system with Windows XP 32bit and 64bit.
Yes thats right both XP.
Need it for 3ds Max actually.
Will be using the 32 bit for all the regular software, internet blah blah.... and 64bit only for 3d studio Max and Maya later on.
So guys help me out on how to do this.

I mean should I just install bot on diff partitions or suggest me some good software boot manager.
came across a few
but which one shud i use

OSL2000 Boot Manager
BootItâ„¢ Next Generation
Acronis OS Selector 8.0

Help me out here folks.
And catch ya later....

P.S - I need some tips on upgrading too but later

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a Mulit Boot system for XP????
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:57:54 am »
I'm curious, why not use XP x64 for everything that requires XP? I do...

They need to be installed on different partitions, there's no other way of doing it. You don't need anything powerful to create this set-up, nor do you need a sophisticated boot manager, boot.ini will more than suffice. I don't play around with such software, I tend to just use the windows partition manager and the Linux one when I need something more powerful.

But such a set-up is potential dangerous to personal data on your computer, remember to back-up.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

xSyn

Re: How to create a Mulit Boot system for XP????
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 10:13:37 pm »
Does WinVista come with a Partition Manager? Or is that only on WinXP?

I'm actually trying to duel boot, KDE and Windows XP. I'm on WinVista at the moment 'cause for some odd reason... XP just wouldn't run it's course for me.. So I just reformatted to WinVista for the 2nd or 3rd time. I love the KDE environment, I used the KDE live disc and had a go at it... It ran slow and everything 'cause it's a boot OS disc but I felt right at home for some odd reason... I just adore the setup. I'm still new to linux, so It may not be the best choice... but I'm willing to sacrifice. I ISO'd Kubuntu and I want to duel boot it.. with XP... Any chance you can help me understand a way to do so?