Author Topic: Cannot update scripts  (Read 15550 times)

cavepunk

Cannot update scripts
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:32:36 am »
Hi there!

Love BitChe - recommended it to all my mates! - but recently it's been giving me gibberish in the results and I haven't been able to update scripts or check for updates.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version but get the same thing.  Any ideas...?

Thanks in advance!

john

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot update scripts
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:41:08 pm »
hi john,

welcome to the forums.. thanks for posting!   

i know there's a couple scripts that currently need to be updated, and the next script pack should be released on wednesday, but are you having trouble actually downloading the scripts? do you get an error message when you do Check for Updates, or  Update Scripts...   or does it just not fix your problem?  if the latter is the case, then hopefully after the next script update, everything will be back to normal..

cheers!
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

cavepunk

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:02:48 am »
Hi chip!

Well when I press the "Check for updates" button the program tries to connect to www.convivea.com but fails and gives me the error message: "Error downloading scripts...
The requested address is a broadcast address, but flag is not set."  I also get the same message when I click on the "Update scripts" button...

That any good?

Thanks in advance for your help!

john

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 06:52:26 am »
Hi,

Debug Tool:

1.  Please download the debug tool located here:  http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1230.0;attach=1043
2.  Run it, click the first 4 buttons, and then press the copy button.
3.  Open Notepad, and press "CNTRL-V" to paste the output to the notepad.
4.  Goto File, Save As, and save the output to a file on your desktop.

Send to me:

5.  Click Reply to this message, then click "Additional Options..."  (below and to the left of the text entry box)..
6.  Use the browse button to find and attach your debug output.txt from above
7.  In the message text entry box, please also let me know what AntiVirus and Firewall you have on your computer.

Thanks!
-chip

cavepunk

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 05:59:22 am »
Hi Chip!

Downloaded the debug tool as you suggested but the program hangs when I press the first 'WINSOCK' button.  The remaining three buttons produce results, however, which I've attached as you suggested.

Don't know if this is any good to you though...?

By the way, I'm using AVG Internet Security Pack 3 and ZoneAlarm 70 483 4000 free firewall...

Thanks again!

john

cavepunk

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 12:19:44 pm »
Hiyah Chip!

Finally realised how to use the debug program - had to let it access the internet - duh! - and I've attached the results as you suggest.

Thanks in advance!

john

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 12:44:38 pm »
hi john,

can you temporarily turn off/disable:
  AVG Internet Security Pack 3
  ZoneAlarm 70 483 4000 free firewall
  Windows Firewall

and then try the debug tool again (specifically just the first button..), followed by trying to update scripts with bit che..

its clear you're having some DNS resolving issues, and the debug tool was able to connect to convivea's web server, so the problem has to be with 1) your network/isp or 2) firewall/antivirus software on your pc

thanks,
chip

cavepunk

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 11:51:37 am »
Yay!  Success!

Managed to update the scripts, etc. and it seems like everything's working as usual.  Had to uninstall and reinstall AVG (it wouldn't update) and that seemed to solve the problem...

Anyway, thanks for the help, Chip!

Best,
john

alien8

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 12:28:45 am »
Hi
I trust that I may be able to receive some assistance.

I have been experiencing similar issues to cavepunk and can't see to resolve it with the debug tool. When i request to update the scripts through the program, it tries to connect to the server and then a dialogue box appears saying: "there was a problem extracting the scripts. please try again later". I also have been receiving alot of gibberish within the search results in the program.

Please find my results from the debug tool attached. I would be very appreciative of your assistance.

Chris :)

ccastle

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 12:28:13 pm »
I too am having trouble with the script updating. Bit Che works fine, but every time I open the program it says there are new scripts available. I say yes to download them and nothing happens. In the "about"menu I click check for updates and it says there is one to download. I click download and nothing happens.

Thanks