Bit Che > Help and FAQ

FAQ....Anti Virus stating Virus with Bit Che??

(1/11) > >>

xenoch:
i love bit che it is a great little app but this morning when i tried to use it norton has removed it when i tried re install it tells me it has a suspicous mh690 heuristic virus

please help

UPDATE!!

Should be all fixed, I got this message today!:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are writing in relation to your submission through Symantec's on-line
False Positive Dispute Submission form for your Bit Che software version
1.0 being detected by Symantec Software. In light of further
investigation and analysis Symantec is happy to remove this detection
from within its products.

The updated detection will be distributed in the next set of virus
definitions, available daily, or weekly via LiveUpdate, depending on
Symantec product version, or daily from our website at

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html.

Decisions made by Symantec are subject to change if alterations to the
Software are made over time or as classification criteria and/or the
policy employed by Symantec changes over time to address the evolving
landscape.

Sincerely,

Symantec Security Response
http://securityresponse.symantec.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So when ever Norton releases there next virus definition everything should run as it was........
Thanks for everybody's patience Smiley

Thankx MinLo

chip!:

--- Quote from: xenoch on January 12, 2009, 09:17:29 pm ---i love   bit che  it  is  a  great  little  app but  this  morning  when i tried  to use  it   norton   has  removed  it  when  i tried  re install  it  tells  me  it  has a suspicous  mh690 heuristic virus

please help   :'( [cry]

--- End quote ---

As stated many times, there is no virus in Bit_Che.exe....   ASSUMING you downloaded it from our main servers, and have not obtained it from some other shady source..

What to do?

1. Report to Norton/Symantec that the Bit_Che.exe is a false positive. You should have some sort of 'submit sample' button or feature.
2. Turn Nortons protections off.
3. Install Bit Che.
4. Go to Norton and find the option to add an exception to the real-time protection, and add Bit Che to this.
5. Then you can turn on your real-time protection again Norton and use Bit Che.

OR!

Uninstall Norton (since its one of the worst AV products).. and install a good one.. such as AVG, Kaspersky, NOD32.. maybe even Avast!

MinLo:
Chip you beat me to it...I took too long to get the info... :D :D :D

peacefulguy:
I have tried installing the new version of Bit che and now it wont work. I keep  getting this message thats attached. I have tried installing the old version, but the same keeps happening.  :( I hope you can help as this is the best for finding what I want and easy to use.

Thank you in anticipation  ;D

Peacefulguy

fuzzytomcat:

--- Quote from: peacefulguy on January 13, 2009, 04:52:39 pm ---I have tried installing the new version of Bit che and now it wont work. I keep  getting this message thats attached. I have tried installing the old version, but the same keeps happening.  :( I hope you can help as this is the best for finding what I want and easy to use.

Thank you in anticipation  ;D

Peacefulguy

--- End quote ---

Hey Peacefulguy,

Welcome to Convivea forum !

I see by your desktop photo you have "Norton" 360, try starting all over by deleting Bit Che clean up your file system with your register cleaner "TURN OFF" Norton 360, reinstall Bit Che, and then turn back on Norton.

This should work if not re-post what happened and well go from there !

Fuzzy
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version