Forums > Browsers

What is the best browser?

(1/7) > >>

DrunKnJSD:
I use Mozilla Firefox because it's the best browser of the web!!!

Quantum:
I use Firefox because it's so open and when I find a bug with it I can report it and in many cases chat to a developer and they'll get it fixed.

Generally however, browser likes are subjective and down to individual tastes. But there are somethings which are at least partly quantifiable from the browsers:

* General support of a certain set of specifications (CSS2, SVG etc...)
* General speed in a certain category of browser processing (DOM speed, certain types of Javascript speed)
* Effectiveness of the security model imposed

However all of these can be greatly spun one way or another, but with enough objectiveness you can certainly draw some constructive conclusions from trying to quantify them.

the1ultimate:
Firefox, no contest.
Internet Explorer loads quicker though, and you can edit HTML files in one click (that is by clicking View>Source), so I use it for offline reading and simple web page editing.

Quantum:

--- Quote from: the1ultimate on June 25, 2009, 11:47:21 pm ---Firefox, no contest.
Internet Explorer loads quicker though, and you can edit HTML files in one click (that is by clicking View>Source), so I use it for offline reading and simple web page editing.

--- End quote ---

That's 2 clicks  :P

And if you want tom edit HTML files, Firefox has one of the most powerful tools in existence for that as an add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843

jchen:
I tried firefox...hated it :( IE is better, I think  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version