0 (0%)
Avant Browser
0 (0%)
Netscape
0 (0%)
Other Browser (Tell Me!)
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: What is the best browser?  (Read 62510 times)

MinLo

Re: What is the best browser?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 11:15:10 am »
Foxfire

lol@ Foxfire, I just went to their site and they endorse Firefox.

There actually is another browser based off Firefox:
http://getswiftfox.com/

;D :D ;D

might have to give the swiftfox a try here though
i swear way back swiftfox was an addon for firefox???
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:17:16 am by MinLo »

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 06:58:04 pm »
It's possible, I just found out about it recently so I can't say for sure.

MrsBarrowman

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 07:03:47 pm »
I have been using Firefox, since i bought my laptop back 18 months ago.  Although do use Opera on my Mobile and it seems gd...

infact have just downloaded Opera for PC, will take it for a test run and report back later..

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 05:53:48 am »
Opera Mini 5 beta 2 is by far my favorite mobile device browser. It is REALLY hard to beat it.

Opera on a desktop is not as nice, it does have rendering issues with very few sites since it ONLY follows W3C specifications and will not give in to rendering poorly written code like IE, Chrome, and Firefox. It's more of a stubborn factor but it is one of the reasons why it has such a low market share. If only everyone followed the W3C specifications, the world would be a better place...

P.S. If you would like to check the W3C compatibility of a site you can use this: http://validator.w3.org/ . Our forums are W3C compatible and if you click the buttons at the very bottom right hand side, it should link to the same page. (I just checked it and we are having a few XHTML errors, but CSS passed with 0 errors.

jchen

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 07:04:01 am »
Firefox is the best now

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 09:43:12 am »

dikjo

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 06:54:54 pm »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

I use Mozilla Firefox because it,s the best brouwser

lmnlmn

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 02:50:30 pm »
I am using Mozilla from last 1 year . or its work well. I love to work with Mozilla because its having lots of add-ons

lmnlmn

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 03:50:26 pm »
Mozilla Firefox...
Beachwear of its special add ons

housry23

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 07:20:13 am »
I use Chrome Beta build. I was strictly a Firefox user until Firefox 3.5 came out. I was so disappointed in it. It was slow and laggy. I had tried Chrome before, but always went back to Firefox because of the customization with addons. When Firefox 3.5 came out it was about that time that Chrome beta went to 3.x.xxx.xx and extensions were introduced. There aren't quite as many as FF addons, but it is growing everyday and most of my favorites are there like adblock  and more(plus some new favorites that are Chrome exclusive). Recently I tried IE9 Beta and I really like it. It has much potential. I have also tried the Firefox 4 Beta and it is also very nice. One thing about these browsers though is that they both took a more simplistic look like Chrome, combining buttons and moving the tabs to the top so as to display more of the page. All browsers have their good and bad points. IE is slow, but every site will load on it's engine and it is familiar to all of us. Firefox is very, very customizable and somewhat fast and Chrome is extremely fast. There are other very nice browsers out there like Safari and Opera and I guess it all just depends on what you want out of your browser in which one you use. It's nice to have the options we have today. I remember a time when you didn't have much choice. There are even builds based on Chrome, Firefox and IE that are out there. Enough of my opinion. Happy Surfing!

lting77

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 05:36:32 am »
iron browser portable along with google sync

Sparksyash

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 06:43:50 pm »
I have been using Google Chrome for the past three months or so and I have been extremely satisfied with it. Before using chrome, I tried Internet Explorer 8 and Mozilla Firefox, but both were nothing when compared to chrome. Accessing web pages are very easy with Google chrome and it is very fast. It loads pages within a flash and playing videos on chrome is much easier than on other browsers. Google chrome is the best browser there is at the moment.

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 09:26:16 am »
Google Chrome is the fastest browser and I find it can handle flash better.
Also starts up really quick compared to Firefox. Just wish Chrome had some of the add-ons firefox has!

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 01:24:18 am »
Google Chrome is the fastest browser and I find it can handle flash better.
Also starts up really quick compared to Firefox. Just wish Chrome had some of the add-ons firefox has!

I would double check that claim:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/opera-10.60-internet-explorer-9-safari-5,2680-13.html

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 10:00:54 am »
I was really just comparing to Firefox I don't like Opera.