RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Using Firewire or alternative  (Read 9333 times)

texasboy

Using Firewire or alternative
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:41:24 am »
Need a bit of info from all you computer folks. What is the easiest way to transfer data of my present Hard Drive to a new blank HD.? Do I have to use firewire to one of my other PC`s. Or is there a way of transferring "in house" ie. Installing new HD on 2nd tier in same PC. Presently using older  500GB  HD, 110GB used, 355GB free.
Tks.
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Using Firewire or alternative
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 08:41:54 am »
I use an external hard drive Tex, cheap to buy on ebay particularly if you got a spare formatted hard drive. ;D

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 08:41:22 am »
Tks billy, Was just trying to add a new HD into shelf  in case. Then trying to transfer data from one to the other. Is there an easy way to do this?
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 08:56:52 am »
Tks billy, Was just trying to add a new HD into shelf  in case. Then trying to transfer data from one to the other. Is there an easy way to do this?
cheers

is it IDE??...

Offline Thomas51

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 08:41:10 pm »
PCI Express (PCIe) is a high-speed interface used to connect components like graphics cards and storage drives. PCIe 4.0 offers double the bandwidth of PCIe 3.0, enabling faster data transfer and improved performance for cutting-edge applications like gaming and content creation. Going Here