Author Topic: 64bit Bit Che?  (Read 8784 times)

Matt23

64bit Bit Che?
« on: October 23, 2009, 05:44:03 pm »
I was just wondering but is there going to be a pure 64bit version of Bit Che? I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and Bit Che has installed into a folder called Program Files (x86) and even though it runs fine, there is an unsightly *32 in Task Manager beside it and every app that is 32bit.

So I'm asking around at every forum and emailing customer support for every software I have that does this and asking the same thing..Are there plans for there to be a 64bit version?

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
Re: 64bit Bit Che?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 03:16:19 am »
The easy way around *32 in Task Manager is don't use Task Manager.

A more reasonable answer is probably not 32Bit apps run Fine on Windows 64 but Windows 64 apps don't run at all on Windows 32 Bit Che doesn't need 3GB+ of ram to run & probably never will.

Bit Che wouldn't gain anything from being a 64Bit App.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: 64bit Bit Che?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 02:35:58 pm »
just to echo what Bovski has written... at the moment, there is no reason to have a pure 64bit version, especially since the amount of work it would take to re-write the application would not balance the slight improvement in speed,  *if any at all*.

so officially, for now, there are no plans.  and also, I do use Windows 7 x64 bit myself.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.