Author Topic: The Cove  (Read 5252 times)

leafydull

The Cove
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:13:23 pm »
In the 1960’s, Richard O’Barry was the world’s leading authority on dolphin training, working on the set of the popular television program Flipper. Day in and day out, O’Barry kept the dolphins working and television audiences smiling. But one day, that all came to a tragic end. THE COVE, directed by Louie Psihoyos, tells the amazing true story of how Psihoyos, O’Barry and an elite team of activists, filmmakers and freedivers embarked on a covert mission to penetrate a hidden cove in Japan, shining light on a dark and deadly secret. The mysteries they uncovere ...
http://www.thecovemovieuk.com/

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Re: The Cove
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:07:44 am »
I saw this, I'm not a huge animal lover but it was actually pretty good.

I'm not sure if I really agree with the movie. For example, I somewhat agree with the notion that it is their culture there to hunt dolphins and it may not seem normal to us and that is why we think of it as barbaric. But Indians would think the same of us if they saw us killing cows. What makes dolphins any different?

ALTHOUGH: I do agree that dolphin meat is potentially bad for you because of mercury. For THIS reason I am against dolphin hunting. I also think it is extremely wrong for the grocery stores to mislead their consumers and not tell them the truth about what type of meat they are getting. They need to have higher food standards over there.