Author Topic: Bit Che on Non-administrator account (Windows 7)  (Read 16151 times)

elena.s

Bit Che on Non-administrator account (Windows 7)
« on: January 01, 2010, 02:22:23 am »
Today I try to install Bit Che in a new notebook where OS is Windows 7 and there are 3 users, 1 administrator and two normal user.
If I use Bit Che in the administrator profile I have no problem, instead I can't use it in no administrator profiles.
When I am not administrator also the language is different (in the installation I use Italian, ....that I can normal use when I am administrator), but the real problem is that it doesn't run..... it begin searching but it stop in few minutes without results.....
Is there any problem with Windows 7 ? Can you help me ?
thanks,
E.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:12:28 pm »
I'm using windows 7 x64 and there's no problem here. However I'm an administrator.

elena.s

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 02:00:43 am »
As administrator I have no problems too.... ;D
I have problems only when I use  Bit Che as a normal user (not administrator) with Windows 7.
With my old notebook, where there is Windows XP pro, there were no problems for any kind of user.....

???
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:02:23 am by elena.s »

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 03:40:49 pm »
Not being an administrator seems to be a problem with other applications too sometimes. It may be due to the fact that most people are administrators and therefore things like that often get by beta testing, etc.

chip will have to test it out on a non-administrative account on a 7 machine in order to really pinpoint the problem, but until then just use your administrator account.

(btw I split this topic since it was a little unrelated to the 64bit version request)

elena.s

Re: Bit Che on Non-administrator account (Windows 7)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 03:05:10 am »
thanks  :-*

When I use my pc I am the administrator, but I made some no user account for the children....
I whait for chip solution...

thanks.....

poekie

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:31:41 pm »
I do have some problems in windows 7 with my administrator account.
Bit che works properly but it doesn't update the scripts?
Any tips?

I run mc afee firewall, settings for Bit Che are ok.
No error message, just nothing
next time try to update message that there are updates
But when i try to update still nothing.

thanks Sas
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:48:51 pm by poekie »

ThermoDust

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 09:20:03 am »
So, the problem is the program is running without any scripts. If you load the programs an Admin it now has the scripts and can search. I do not have a fix but I may, what is the location of the scripts? If they are in a file under the admins account then the non-admin won't have access to them so maybe just moving them to the non-admin location would fix this.

ThermoDust

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 09:25:49 am »
Okay, I found a fix if you run as a non-admin on Windows 7.
So you need to go into the admins "C:\Users\AdminAccountWithBitChe\AppData\Roaming\Convivea" and copy the Bit_Che folder to
"C:\Users\Non-AdminAccount\AppData\Roaming\Convivea".
Once I did this my BitChe ran perfect under my Non-Admin account.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:00:47 am »
hello... i'm not sure WHY the bug occurs, but I can verify that there is a weird permissions glitch when you install from Windows 7 with a non-administrator account. I think the bug is actually in the Installer/Setup application, and not Bit Che itself. Im pretty sure if you launch the Bit Che installer as a non-administrator, it will install the scripts into the administrator account.

ThermoDust's solution (above) is the correct answer for now.

Also, if you have trouble updating scripts AFTER you do that.. then try this:

1. in Bit Che, go to File, and select "Open App Data Folder.."
2. go into the "Scripts" folder
3. delete all of the ".ini" files. if you dont have the extension visible, then delete all of the "Configuration Settings" files.  NOTE: Be careful not to delete any of the other files, including the .exe or .dll files.
4. in Bit Che, go to About, and select "Update Scripts..."
5. Restart Bit Che

Because, it seems that if you copy the files over from an administrator account, then the non-administrator account sometimes can not delete those files.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.