RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: The New Orleans Saints win their first Super Bowl  (Read 8826 times)

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
The New Orleans Saints win their first Super Bowl
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:09:45 pm »
The Saints win their first ever super bowl appearance. Drew Brees also tied Tom Brady's completion record for any super bowl (32 completions).

"Miami Gardens, Fla. -- The New Orleans Saints have won Super Bowl XLIV.
They beat the Indianapolis Colts 31-17 here at Sun Life Stadium in South Florida."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/02/super_bowl_updates_new_orleans.html

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: The New Orleans Saints win their first Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:03:27 am »
i thought it was a pretty good game.. congrats to the Saints.. i liked both teams, but i was routing for the Colts ;)
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 08:32:03 am »
Being a huge patriots fan, I just had to root for the saints. In the Brady vs. Manning argument, it's always "Brady has more super bowl rings". One more win for the colts and that would bring Manning (1 ring) one more closer to Brady (3 rings). Well, thankfully, that didn't happen :)

MinLo

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:16:53 pm »
I hate the SAINTS....
The NFC game with my Vikes seemed a lil suspicious...Especially in OT....
NFL officiating prez even spoke couple days later admitting that the calls were not 100% right......
Maybe I'm just still hurt from the loss but it seemed like the NFL wanted to ensure the Saints won the SB due to Katrina a cpl years back....

IDK either way I'll be watching next year....LOL

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 05:43:03 am »
I can't really imagine that the NFL is rigged in that sense, but you never know. Conspiracy theories...:O

I just don't understand what Favre was doing, I guess he just cracked under the pressure. Couldn't he have downed the ball since they were in field goal range :O

If the calls are not right, that's why they have coach's challenges aka red flags. A coach can use two of them per game at the expense of their timeout if the challenge fails, did the vikings coach already use up his challenges?

MinLo

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 06:04:34 pm »
No Favre threw the pass to try to get into field goal range....He could of tried to run but from the illegal hit before that possesion the only thing holding his ankle together was white tape....

In the NFL you cant challenge a penalty....teams can challenge possession(i.e. fumble, catch) and field placement of the ball....Not penalties, normally once a penalty is called it sticks no matter what, very very rare for the refs to huddle and take it away....

Vikes still had challenges but in overtime the only challenges come from the refs in the booth in the pressbox...Teams are unable to challenge in overtime basically...