Author Topic: mislisted seeds and leechers in searches  (Read 6611 times)

Penguin154

mislisted seeds and leechers in searches
« on: April 23, 2010, 04:22:38 am »
I just got bit che and it seems really handy.  The problem i am having is that many of my search results will say the particular torrent has x amount of seeds and y amount of peers but when i try to download the torrent using uTorrent it tells me there are no seeds or peers.  Do i have to forward ports for bit che?  if so which ones?  I really have no other idea as to what the problem could be so help would be appreciated.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
Re: mislisted seeds and leechers in searches
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:39:34 am »
No the stats are gathered from the websites the torrents are posted on if those sites haven't updated the torrent recently then the results bit che gathers from the site will be wrong.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Re: mislisted seeds and leechers in searches
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:07:43 am »
Yes this is more of a problem between uTorrent and the tracker sites. Bit Che is simply the middle man and is not responsible for mis-calculated peers.

I see this problem happen all the time even without Bit Che, the peers will never agree between the BT client and tracker. When it comes down to it, I think there are errors on BOTH sides. The tracker is obviously not updated as frequently as the BT client, so it will not reflect the most recent activity. Also, the BT client will often not find peers right away that are very distant, whereas the tracker is better capable of 'tracking' anybody (regardless of location).

With all this being said, it is simple a flaw in the BT system. Obviously what is most important is that your BT client finds the peers. To maximize this, you can enable things like DHT tracking and Peer Exchange in uTorrent. Also, make sure that uTorrent is properly configured with regards to port forwarding and # of connections, etc. For more help with setting up your client, I reference you to the uTorrent forums:
http://forum.utorrent.com/