Author Topic: GOING TO NEED SOME HELP!!  (Read 6410 times)

justme17

GOING TO NEED SOME HELP!!
« on: November 20, 2010, 11:14:36 pm »
Hi all...
Brand New to this site......
Am partially computer illiterate..and am feeling my way round in the dark !!!
Some of the termonology is completely foreign to me !!!

Could someone please explain this whole process to me in lamens terms ?????????????????  [cry]

justme17

Re: GOING TO NEED SOME HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 08:04:19 pm »
Gee dont everyone reply at once ???

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:23 pm »
i am partially computer iliterate, Half, Fuzzytomcat, and a few others are just iliterate....lol

wot do you need to know Justme??

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:28:11 am »
Bittorrent is a protocol that lets you download files from other users. It's all about sharing. Seeders have the files and are distributing them, leechers are the ones who download. Once you download a file and have 100% of it, you can become (and should become for the community) a seeder yourself.

The files are downloaded using a client such as uTorrent or Azureus/Vuze. You must first download or open a .torrent file in order to tell your client how to download the files that you ultimately want. Trackers (public and private) find and manage these .torrent files, and also keep track of seeders and leechers.

That's where Bit Che comes in, it can search a variety of public trackers for a tons of .torrents, depending on what you're looking for. Then you can download the files using your client of choice such as uTorrent or Vuze like I mentioned before. If you want access to private trackers, which usually have a better variety of files, you'll need to sign up or in most cases, be invited to sign up by someone you know already in the tracker.

I hope this explains the process well enough for you. Let us know if you have any specific questions.

justme17

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 11:39:31 pm »
  :-* YAY !!   THanks sooooo much for that !!  YES that helps somewhat...!! I was even starting to think this whole forum thing may have been a scam as no one was answering me!! LOL

I have been using vuze for sometime and its been fantastic, but now it seems to be taken over by crap, torrents that ask you to download certain players etc.....its all become sooo time consuming just to download a simple torrent. 

So, by using BIT CHE, does this mean you do not get any fake torrents?