RefreshCapcha

Poll

Which is your favourite BitTorrent Client?

ABC [Yet Another BitTorrent Client]
Azureus
BitComet
BitLord
BitTornado
eDonkey2000
Shareaza
Turbo Torrent
TorrentSpy Rufus
µTorrent
Standard BitTorrent Downloader
Other
I don't use BitTorrent

Author Topic: Best Torrent Client  (Read 233942 times)

MinLo

Re: Best Torrent Client
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 03:09:20 pm »
Is there any evidence that some clients are faster than others, or does it depend mostly on the peers available on the particular torrent?  It would be cool if someone really tested it.

That would be awesome if someone tested it........I think moreless it has alot do with your settings(i.e. max connections, upload speed)  and your peers(peers connections speed,seed & leechers)......I use Azureus and with the config wizard it sets the max connections per torrent at 70 but If I'm only running one torrent I jump it up to 100-120 connections and sometimes I'll get speeds of 200kBs+  for brief moments.....Otherwise with 70 connections my max speed has been 160kBs........

dinner123

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 08:34:50 pm »
Bitcomet is known for only loving peers which are using bitcomet.

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 07:27:04 am »
I downloaded µtorrent today then after 30 to 35 minutes of tweaking and understanding and going to http://www.isohunt.com/ to search for a file off the top off my head, I give it two thumbs up.  :)

Take a gander below:

HyperSpeed

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 04:36:45 am »
hi guys
i have my own server,i use azureus to upload and utorrent to dwnload.on a personal note i use utorrent on my pc as it doesnt use that much system resources like azureus does.so for me utorrent is tops.nice looking,easy to use and fast dwnloading.

Is there any evidence that some clients are faster than others, or does it depend mostly on the peers available on the particular torrent?  It would be cool if someone really tested it.

its a bit of both and the set up of your pc.if you have mega ram and say 3 gig chip then use azureus as it wont make that much difference to the pc.but if your on a older or slower pc then you would use utorrent.2.4% system resources used.but then again it will also depend on seeders and leechers and the torrents you dwnload.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 10:58:53 am by MinLo »

Offline bigdaveangell

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 11:00:06 pm »
I still use bitcommet and havent had any problems with speed

<a href="http://www.l33tsig.net/" title="L33TSig">bigdaveangell's L33TSig[/url]

texasboy

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 09:26:46 am »
Help needed ,
Completely new to torrents(always used Frostwire). downloaded Bit Che  and after reading notes on this thread also downloaded utorrent. Managed to get a download started avoiding 0 seed entries. Max download speed is abt 30kbps whiich is poor for this pc. Yes I am on the older family pc 1.3ghz cpu server is 100mbps  and i have 10mbps  broadband. pc is clean but probably could do with another 256mb stick of ram. On frost wire my downloads are 100-400mbps,so what am I doing wrong.
The speed tests that these programs run are laughable, from 2mb to 8mb speeds for this pc. Maybe I should run from new pc upstairs. Probably not setting up utorrent correctly. Any thoughts????
cheers

Offline bigdaveangell

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 10:36:21 am »
The speed of your pc shouldnt really affect the speed of your downloads. Take a look at this guide for setting up utorrent
http://www.utorrent.com/setup_guide.php

<a href="http://www.l33tsig.net/" title="L33TSig">bigdaveangell's L33TSig[/url]

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 06:31:55 pm »
Tex you got a router? You need to open a port on your router and configure utorrent to use it.
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm here is instructions for opening ports on almost
every router made

dinner123

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 08:18:40 pm »
utorrent has a speed guide. you should try running that tex

savaden

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 02:17:24 am »
voted µTorrent.

texasboy

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 07:10:28 am »
Thanks you lot. It was the port forwarding that seems to be the answer. But setting up static IP address and having to change 3 pc`s in house is a little bit daunting. I printed out the instructions which are easy to follow and i| will try again when my head is on straight. ::) Always afraid I will balls up my normal internet connection. Still managed to download from utorrent and convert to dvd even though it took 4 hrs.lol
cheers

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 07:19:06 am »
I have been able to skip the setting up static ip step on mine. What's your model number for your router?

texasboy

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 07:33:32 am »
I have been able to skip the setting up static ip step on mine. What's your model number for your router?
Netgear WGR614 V4.  Used WGR614 as ver 4 not listed. but have a feeling that I may already have a static address.  NTLWORLD WINXP  SP2 10MB broadband. Dont want to have a screaming match when internet  stops on daughters laptop ;D
Will have a go tmw.
cheers

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 07:38:43 am »
yeah for me the static ip was the ip of the router and the address to access the admin page

texasboy

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 08:01:58 am »
Thanks for you help Danny. Hope you get Billies Rooney sorted down to size ;D
cheers