RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Are we ever going to see a new version of bit che?  (Read 10640 times)

ShadowfoxXXX

Are we ever going to see a new version of bit che?
« on: December 06, 2009, 05:46:03 am »
It's been like a year and a half with no update... what's going on?

WelshY

Re: Are we ever going to see a new version of bit che?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:36:11 pm »
Like what??

Bit che is 99% Fine as it is That all need be done is maybe more updates on scripts.
But that is just not down to Bit Che to do Aswell as Members of forums suppose to make them.

Only updates i can see being plan is

Renameing the program.
Maybe some bug fix's (if Any)
Update on scripts

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 02:03:37 am »
its complicated... before i spent many more hours updating certain things about Bit Che, I was attempting to find a solution for a cross-platform Bit Che. all of the options I looked at had certain flaws, and thus I kept going around in circles. also, the major factor is my time. I am now working full time. When I started Bit Che, I was in school and had plenty of free time. Now I have to earn money to survive and I dont use Bit Che for that. Regardless, I hope to get time to make some minor updates to Bit Che. I wouldnt be releasing a whole new cross-platform version any time soon.. I simply dont have time to invest in learning another language and start from scratch. But, since interest in Bit Che seems to be going up again, I am going to try and dedicate some free time over the next few months to get some updates, for the fun of it ;)
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

ShadowfoxXXX

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 09:42:51 am »
I have the time and the dedication but not the skill.
Regardless, it's a great program.
i wish it was easier to add sites though. I still havent figured out the whole thing.

OH and someone should add something along the lines of tracker checker http://torrentfreak.com/get-into-private-bittorrent-sites-with-tracker-checker-2/
Where it checks each site to see if registrations are open, and if the site is down or not.

of course i completely understand that time is short.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:46:54 am by ShadowfoxXXX »

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 04:01:35 am »
If there's already a program out there that checks for sign-ups then why re-invent the wheel? Perhaps the infrastructure already in place in Bit Che allows easy implementation of such a feature, then it would be a bonus feature I suppose, but definitely not necessary.

I mainly agree with the fact that Bit Che in it's current state is pretty good. The only thing that needs maintenance is the updating of scripts.

ShadowfoxXXX

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 12:32:25 pm »
well, if you combined the two, then you could add functionality, such as knowing not to try and search a site if the site is down at the moment (bit che might already do this but i dont think it does)

or having a button that takes you to a sign up page whenever the site has open registrations.

and yes i agree with you about the scripts thing.

Offline TheWhizzz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:52:29 am »
me thinks its ok as it is if it aint broke dont fix it  ;D

lting77

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 01:18:36 am »
i hate version creep, like i see with donationware type developers fluffing .0.0.1 to show up on betanews....

even paid programs like newsbin pro haven't done anything worthwhile except to add recuringg revenue functions like paid searches to the program