RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Opera 11 discussion  (Read 17015 times)

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Opera 11 discussion
« on: February 09, 2011, 04:00:42 am »
Speaking of Opera (I use V10.63) anyone ever notice the danasoft sigs.? It indicates that my ISP is Jupiter Hosting Corporation and my ISP is roadrunner. Food for thought.

TheHalf™

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Opera 11 discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:28:54 am »
I would recommend upgrading to opera 11 it is fantastic.

I haven't had any problem with the danasoft sigs, it correctly identifies my ISP usually. But I imagine it is a security feature that you have enabled because Jupiter Hosting Corporation sounds like a fallacy to me.

Offline anaklein

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Opera 11 discussion
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:31:42 am »
v11 is the wery good plus it has some great extensions like lastpass

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Opera 11 discussion
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:20:02 am »
Just messing around I engaged the turbo function with Opera and went to speedtest.net and look:

TheHalf™
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:24:25 am by TheHalf™ »

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Opera 11 discussion
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 06:29:02 am »
I don't recommend using the turbo function unless you are on spotty wifi or using dial-up. Turbo uses pre-fetched data, degrades image quality, and runs everything through a proxy. If you have a good pipe..like you do..then I wouldn't use it.

PS I split the discussion since it was getting side tracked. Tangents are encouraged these days though.  ;D

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Re: Opera 11 discussion
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:04:46 am »
I looked into that and the turbo function when engaged was fed through a proxy (like you posted) earlier with the danasoftsig. as of now it reads normal that I turned off turbo. I then ran a speedtest again and all is normal, image below.

Yea I was getting off topic Synbios, thankx for helping out.

TheHalf™

][URL=http://www.speedtest.net]

I don't recommend using the turbo function unless you are on spotty wifi or using dial-up. Turbo uses pre-fetched data, degrades image quality, and runs everything through a proxy. If you have a good pipe..like you do..then I wouldn't use it.

PS I split the discussion since it was getting side tracked. Tangents are encouraged these days though.  ;D

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 11:28:43 am »
Wow those are excellent speeds especially for only 30/5 service!

My DOCSIS 3.0 modem just shipped so I'll have 60/5 soon though! I've had 30/5 for a while but I have never been able to benchmark beyond 30 with my DOCSIS 2.0 modem.

timber

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 08:25:02 pm »
hi if you are in need to test your internet speed then test it at http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ here they provide you good and accurate results.

Offline Silan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 08:46:12 pm »
I was very happy when I found out that I can install dedicated servers in my company.  I have heard about this innovation for a long time and I am very glad that my employees liked this innovation.  It really became easier for them to work after we created our dedicated server with https://hostkey.com/gpu-dedicated-servers/ .  Therefore, if you are looking for an opportunity to improve the work of your company, I advise you to use a dedicated server.