Author Topic: DOCSIS 3  (Read 5280 times)

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
DOCSIS 3
« on: February 09, 2011, 11:09:33 pm »
I'm surprised that you (Synbios) were getting those speeds on a DOC2 modem. When I upgraded to the 30/5 they (roadrunner) provided me with a DOC3 modem and informed me that I had to use theirs as opposed to purchasing my own.

Now I believe Roadrunner provides packages of 50/5 but that just might be here in Western NY.

My modem---> http://www.ubeeinteractive.com/index.php/products/product-overview/docsis_3.0_wireless_cable_modem_gateway/

TheHalf™

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Re: DOCSIS 3
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:29:31 am »
Oh you have the wireless gateway version.

Yeah D2 can support up to about 38/30 in theory but I rarely see speeds over 30.0 for download and upload is always hindered by anybody. If you have D3 that definitely explains why you can break the 30 barrier slightly.

I have Charter and thankfully there is no RR around here, you can purchase your own modems. I always prefer to buy so I don't have to pay the rental fee and I can choose a good modem, I currently have a Motorola SB5101 and I'm getting the Motorola SB6120. I'm upgrading my plan to 60/5 which is the highest home tier Charter has. I guess the upload could be better, I think Comcast is 50/10 for their top tier.