Author Topic: Raymond Allen Davis - CIA - Diplomatic Incident  (Read 11301 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Raymond Allen Davis - CIA - Diplomatic Incident
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:49:27 pm »
well, this whole article/incident keeps getting more interesting.. I was fascinated.. and then hooked.. kept going.... (without giving it away) and you find an unexpected connection to 9-11.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Allen_Davis_diplomatic_incident

anyone else read up on this story?
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Re: Raymond Allen Davis - CIA - Diplomatic Incident
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:01:56 pm »
I watch the NBC nightly news and they (NBC) had a brief story on Davis and some of the footage from Pakistan showed civilians there hanging a mock dummy with the word Davis on the head.

Security outfit Blackwater Worldwide has been in and out of the news becasue of questionable deeds done by their personnel.

TheHalf™

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:09:17 am »
I never heard of this guy when I read the topic I just saw Raymond Allen and I thought you were talking about Ray Allen from the Celtics.
I will definitely check this story out this looks really interesting.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:10:37 am »
I was reading that page and it sounds pretty interesting. IMO the guy was some sort of CIA spy and was helping out with planning the drone attacks.

Unfortunately, I don't think he is a diplomat, and Pakistan can frankly do whatever they want with him. If we found a spy in the U.S., we'd obviously keep him in captivity too so I can't expect anything differently.

This guy obviously seems like a pretty smart guy, but I don't know why he left his car to take pictures of the dead bodies. He probably could have gotten away if he just ran.

Where's the connection to 9.11?

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 01:40:10 am »
The connection is a small one, none the less, an interesting twist..

"On March 1, the family members of one of Raymond Davis’ victims, Faheem, said they are open to exchanging Davis for Dr Aafia Siddiqui.[135]"

Also, remember what happened when we found those Russian spies? We traded them for people we wanted released, and now those Russian spies are living comfortably back at home.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 01:58:35 am »
Also, remember what happened when we found those Russian spies? We traded them for people we wanted released, and now those Russian spies are living comfortably back at home.

Very true, I initially shouldn't have had such a cold shoulder.

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 03:17:17 am »
***FOLLOW-UP***

BABAR DOGAR
Associated Press

LAHORE, Pakistan (AP) — A CIA contractor who shot and killed two Pakistani men was freed from prison on Wednesday after the United States paid $2.34 million in "blood money" to the victims' families, Pakistani officials said, defusing a dispute that had strained ties between Washington and Islamabad.

Whole story---> http://channels.isp.netscape.com/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-APO-+&idq=/ff/story/1001%2F20110316%2FAPL9255.htm&sc=+&floc=NI-ne1

TheHalf™

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 04:17:31 am »
Wow that's crazy, nice find TheHalf. I'm glad this guy got set free in the long run. The U.S. must have really cared for this guy to pay the blood money.

Any of you guys ever see the movie Buried? This is starting to remind me of that movie.

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 05:25:35 am »
Thanks for the update!  Crazy story. But it makes sense if those 2 guys were 'agents' following him. That's the cost of secret police from time to time, I guess?

I haven't seen that movie, but I I will check it out.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 03:20:13 pm »
It got pretty bad reviews, I wouldn't recommend it but I did like it. It just reminded me of this situation though it is quite different as well.

If you're looking for international spy movies though (and I don't mean Austin Powers), Salt was way better than what I expected.