Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
iPad 2
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:53:24 am »
By Ben Patterson-

A year after revitalizing the once-sleepy, now red-hot tablet market with the original iPad, Apple surprised absolutely no one Wednesday by taking the wrapper off a slimmer, trimmer version of the wildly popular slate, complete with a front-facing camera for video chat (finally!) and a souped-up processor.

---->Complete story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_technews/20110302/tc_yblog_technews/apple-unveils-thinner-lighter-more-powerful-ipad-2

TheHalf™
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:55:03 am by TheHalf™ »

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Re: iPad 2
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:29:54 am »
tablets are so useless, I can't say I'm a fan of Apple either.

what's your opinion on this Half?

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:29:55 am »
tablets are so useless, I can't say I'm a fan of Apple either.

what's your opinion on this Half?

O0 I'm not a huge fan of Apple products either although I take great interest in the technology used to make this iPad2 so demanding. Now I would never purchase one (can't drop $400.00 + USD everytime Apple goes to a new gen. product) but would appreciate a noble gesture if I was given one.  O0

TheHalf™

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:07:13 pm »
i want a tablet.. i dont know what i will do with it yet, but I want one.

the only reason I would consider iPad 2 over one of the Android offerings (or the Win7 offerings) is because it would be smaller, lighter, better battery life, and certain things would "work" (such as corporate email, etc).. I personally do not want a Windows 7 tablet.. but, iOS still has too many draw backs, and Android still lags in having the complete 'package/software solution'.

but then again, i personally dont care what OS i'm using as long as it works good and is fast.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 08:07:44 am »
I haven't been following the tablet scene too closely but I thought the Galaxy Tab was a lot smaller than the iPad? The blackberry playbook is much smaller as well.

One of the android tablets was half the size of the iPad. I agree android is somewhat compartmentalized and lacks full integration though. After using a blackberry for years, my android phone feels so chopped up.