RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: wireless printers  (Read 35176 times)

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Re: wireless printers
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 06:37:48 pm »
The best printer I ever bought was a brother HL-34D or something like that.

I get so annoyed with buying ink, so this was my first ever laser printer. I also got only the B&W model, which for the most part is all I need. The fact that the cartridge lasts years for me is pretty nice.

I used to have an HP photosmart printer and the damn thing took like 7 ink cartridges.

You know Syn, I go to Brothers website and print out a mailing label on my Brother printer  ;D and mail in the spent cartridges and receive $5 USD off my next purchase of the Brother brand combo pack, which costs $40.00 USD.

TheHalf™

Offline chelseaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 08:55:32 am »
 ;D Thought I`d add this little bit extra to cheer Billy up.
A few days ago my new HP wireless printer died. The normal green on/off button startred fading in and out and powered off. Went through proceedures of testing  from plug to rear of printer. Bad connection at rear of printer.

Good news is that HP were right on the ball and replacing printer immediately. Kept me up to date with tracking (UPS)  from Germany to UK.
Printer will be with me shortly. Excellent service for my first HP.
cheers
MAN U eat your heart out.
CHELSEA is here to sort your problems

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 11:54:54 am »
That sucks that it broke already but it's also good that they were able to replace it with no questions asked. Sounds like they had pretty good customer service.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 12:49:59 pm »
ha ha ha, Tex, i bet you spilt yer JD on it you wally :P

by the way, my mate said his brother is giving me a huge laser printer complete with powders etc, and it is supposed to be in working order.....am i falling for a load of crap?...waddyou guys think??

Offline chelseaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 05:54:21 am »

by the way, my mate said his brother is giving me a huge laser printer complete with powders etc, and it is supposed to be in working order.....am i falling for a load of crap?...waddyou guys think??

Good on the laser printer since its cheap. Is this an office printer? if so there are few things that ever need replaced (rollers,toner and paper)
Home laser printers are cheap to buy but expensive to run. Officer laser printers are expensive to buy (when new) but cheap to run as only few things to replace. Good printing and many extra mod`s. You should be able to replace roller yourself.
http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/usedlasers.html  Just one link for views,even though its a yankee link. >:D
cheers

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 11:29:27 am »

What's the make and model billy?

TheHalf™

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 10:52:14 pm »
It'a HP Laserjet 5-5M colourquick, desk printer approx 1995, so heavy it needs two men to pick it up. There are a few boxes containing a colour developer unit, fuser unit, toner collection kit, large paper tray (bigger than A4), transfer belt unit, and five boxes of colour toner. The guy who gave it to me sent me a link for the instrution manual PDF 260 pages long, but no setup instructions with it.
When my sons get it out the boot of my car i'm going to have some fun setting it up.
I have recently bought a new HP Deskjet 1050 printer!!!!!!! [rolleyes] so when I make a balls up of this one at least I will have a printer...lol

Offline chelseaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 07:40:45 am »
It'a HP Laserjet 5-5M colourquick, desk printer approx 1995, so heavy it needs two men to pick it up. There are a few boxes containing a colour developer unit, fuser unit, toner collection kit, large paper tray (bigger than A4), transfer belt unit, and five boxes of colour toner. The guy who gave it to me sent me a link for the instrution manual PDF 260 pages long, but no setup instructions with it.
When my sons get it out the boot of my car i'm going to have some fun setting it up.
I have recently bought a new HP Deskjet 1050 printer!!!!!!! [rolleyes] so when I make a balls up of this one at least I will have a printer...lol

Good news billy,your printer is still going strong today. Plenty of sites with info,some even with video`s to show you how to replace parts.
Some can even hook up to wireless and run from pc. Drivers/software can be downloaded free. (brothersoft downloads)

If you need any links,let me know?
Don`t let the cavemen steal back their equiptment ;D
cheers

I`l

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 09:01:22 pm »
I installed the printer. ran a test page, got a block of gobbledegook, then i got the dreaded message 'the printer is out of paper' no it effin isn't!!!!
put new paper in, no, turned it round, upside down, pulled the tray in and out, no, still the same message. I d/l the manual, 280 pages, have to take panels off and check sensors and stuff.
I'm looking at it now, it's sitting there and i'm sure it's putting one finger up at me.

[bobdown]

[couchhide]

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 03:12:39 am »
sorted that printer out now, it's goin down the tip. I got it working fine, but it is nowhere near as good as my new printer. I was assured that it would print pics better cos it is an industrial printer, or office printer...whatever!!, I compared pics and text and my new printer is better, so the big, heavy basket is going for scrap. no doubt Tex will post and say 'I could have told you that'...derrrr, but I had a good play with it.

[couchhide]

Offline laiba9824

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »
Wireless printer is so much good and give us so many benefits ,, we safe from the wire,, and quick service