Author Topic: remembering log in  (Read 10933 times)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
remembering log in
« on: June 05, 2011, 02:34:53 am »
Because I'm not as rich as Chelseaman the PC's I use are towers ppl have thrown out. This PC is one of those.
I formatted the hdd using another PC. Installed XP pro using my Windows Advantage CD, I have used this successfully many times, everything installed ok, but when I started using the PC I found that I had to login my main progs every time I started up progs like Convivea, Hotmail, Facebook etc. I installed Firefox and then it remembered all my login details.
I had to uninstall Firefox because it seemed to conflict with EI. I am now stuck with having to log in to everything again.

can any of you whizz kids help me???

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Re: remembering log in
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:44:15 am »
OK billy,

With Firefox you have a choice tools>options>security>passwords. There you can have FF remember said passwords or not.

With Windows did you create a user name/password upon installation? You can always go to control panel and adjust user account settings, like removing password verification etc..

TheHalf™

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:46:10 am »
hey billy,  so.. unfortunately each of those web browsers handle the saving of passwords differently.

if they were all stored in FireFox and you removed that, then sounds like you will have to put them all in again. If you are using Internet Explorer, it might not be as user friendly about saving your passwords so it might be more difficult. My advice, if you had a problem with FireFox, would be to install Google Chrome (thats what I use, probably the most user friendly) or Opera web browser (another excellent choice), or try installing the latest FireFox 4.0.

you will probably have to put passwords in again, but Google Chrome does a pretty good job of "importing" your passwords/settings from another browser. If the latest version of FireFox 4.0 works for you, then you might not have to put all the passwords back in if the settings were still left on your computer (even when you uninstalled).
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 02:56:49 am »
Thanx Chip, thinking of installing Google Chrome.
 IE remembers the login until I turn the PC off, then when I start up again I have to login again.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 03:11:33 am »
I may have not made myself clear ::)
the passwords I'm talking about are user and passwords to programs like Convivea, Hotmail, Facebook etc...not login to Windows..

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 03:18:10 am »
OK,

A password to Bit Che??? That's for chip to answer, on the other hand you may want to disable the password functionality with IE, (8) your using.

Off hand I do not know the exact settings (I rarely use IE), but you can google that and start from there.

TheHalf™