Author Topic: [Old] - Bit Che 2.0 Release Candidate 4 - Build 35  (Read 297319 times)

jivan28

Re: Having Issues, and a Compliment to the Devs
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 11:21:58 am »

hello there!  thank you for your kind words! I have downloaded a trial edition of JAWS onto my computer and played around with it and worked on getting Bit Che 2.0 to be more "Screen Reader" friendly. I spent all weekend and after work today trying to figure out the issues. I think I fixed several big issues and I hope that you find the new build 10 is easier to use, but if not, I am happy to continue working to make Bit Che easy for you to use.

Now, to answer some of your questions:
1.  I dont really have a guide yet for using the Beta 2.0 version. There is no installer yet, but you just extract it anywhere, such as a folder on your Desktop. I would not recommend trying to overwrite the old 1.60 version with a newer beta. In the future, as 2.0 gets more polished, then I will prepare an Installer/setup to use. But for now, its really only meant for those seeking to try out the latest and to help provide some feedback.  I have not made it easy to install, because its not "ready" for the mass public yet.
2. The layout has changed slightly in this new version. It should go like this:  "Coffee Edit Combo" is the Search Box (also with History), Search Button, Media Type Button, Check Box to turn on/off description searches. NEW: Edit box for Filtering your search list AFTER a search is completed. Next you have Script List (if you pressed F2), and finally the Results Listview.  Here's the funny part. I have no idea why JAWS says "Coffee Edit Combo" instead of just "Edit Combo" because it is reading the name of one of the Menu Items, "Coffee". I tested this by changing the "Coffee" menu to "Testing Coffee Testing" and then clicking on the Search Box. Sure enough, JAWS read out loud:  "Testing Coffee Testing Edit Combo". So, I think JAWS would need to fix that. Maybe I can contact them?
3. You can kill everything from 1.60 if you want. If you DID have Coffee Cups in the /coffee folder, then you could save those.

Hope that all somehow helps. I am looking forward to your feedback, and not sure if there is another way I can help. If you have any questions just let me know!

Thanks
Chip

Dear Chip,
 for some reason it seems the steam has gone out or what? Two months without any new Chip 2.0 builds ? I do see you are regularly posting on the fora

http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=showPosts

but the last bit bit about bitche was in October, what happened ?

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 10 beta
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 06:00:29 am »
haha, thanks for the followup. I got engaged recently...  work has been busier than usual.. fantasy football.. also been working on learning how to develop Android applications. but yes, I havent had much time to develop Bit Che recently. I hope to be able to spend some time in the next few weeks to push the beta 2.0 a little closer to a public release.  hope all is well, and happy holidays!
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline ID101

• Black Box Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 06:08:15 am »
After update scripts there are shown/working only two scripts:
Bitsnoop & Rutor

Offline MasterX

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 05:23:06 am »
Same thing happening to me when updating scripts, it removes all and adds only 3 to mine.
X

Offline ID101

• Black Box Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2012, 07:26:52 pm »
Whatever you will say, magnet support would be nice thing in bitche evolution.
Btw maybe Bitche REvolution(alternatives Revolution/Evolution)codename/name for 2.0 :D

why to play with magnet - .torrent files are going to sink, dht will rule(yes KADemlia from eMule was first and also is resilient)
http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-says-goodbye-to-most-torrents-on-february-29-120213/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:38:13 pm by ID101 »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »
greets! :)

I am looking at adding Magnet support to Bit Che.  First step was to figure out some Info Hash coding and I've completed that.

The good news is that allowed me to finally bake in Scrape support from the Torrent Details window. Here's a screen shot showing the progress there, as well as new popup menus on that dialog.

Anyway, I'm alive still, and making (slow, but better than none) progress on Bit Che 2.0..

Magnet files will be interesting because even though you have the Hash, you do not know any information about the structure of the .torrent details until after you have connected to the Tracker swarm, and then downloaded the .torrent from your peers.  This makes the "Torrent Details" screen pretty much useless in Bit Che.. but, so is loading a magnet link into uTorrent.. you get nothing until after its started to download. Nothing can be done about that, except maybe force Bit Che to parse extra HTML page for the filenames/sizes and then push that into the Torrent Details. Might be more of a hassle than is needed.  

Regardless, I think the main point would be for Bit Che to be able to search for results, and then send Magnet links to your Torrent Downloader (since currently it needs a .torrent to pass along).

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 06:11:17 pm »
Good news, Bit Che 2.0 is now ready to handle Magnet links and send them into your downloader. Since there is no data in a magnet link, the Details windows will only show what is known.

Also added, scraping the tracker (HTTP trackers only, I will work on UDP later).

Also, I'm going to work on fetching either the .torrent itself or the file name info for magnet links based on either torrent cache websites or other indexes that store the file names (if not the original site itself, but its nice to not have to trust the website, especially for public sites).

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 12 beta
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 03:19:02 pm »
Bit Che 2.0 - Build 12 *BETA*

Yes, there are bugs, but I am posting it anyway. A bunch of new features have been added and I would like feedback! :)

1.  Magnet Link support
2.  Torrent Details:  Searches torrent cache sites for Magnet links (allows .torrent preview for magnet links.. otherwise not possible! :) )
3.  Torrent Details:  Tracker scrape support - HTTP only.. but supports both Scrape and Hard Scrape  (scrape/announce methods) -- real time Seeds/Leeches
4.  Torrent Details:  Now able to view 'all' of the trackers listed in a torrent (click the tracker for a drop down list).

I'm looking for feedback on the above... I know its not 100% working in all scenarios, and I will continue to improve it.

Thanks
Chip
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:22:12 pm by chip! »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 13 beta
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012, 06:15:19 pm »
Bit Che 2.0 - Build 13 *BETA*

New:

1.  UDP tracker Scrape support! (yey!)
2.  Icons now show in the results list for type:  torrent or magnet
3.  Couple logic/bug fixes.

Should be pretty stable.  More feedback please! :)

Thanks
Chip
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:34:55 pm by chip! »

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 13 beta
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 03:26:54 pm »
free account unlocks for anyone who leaves me feedback (anything.. good/bad, bugs, etc) on the beta :)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in Progress] - Bit Che - 2.0 build 14 beta
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 04:15:21 pm »
EDIT: UPDATED WITH BUILD 15: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=1893.msg18757#msg18757

Bit Che 2.0 - Build 14 *BETA*

New:

1. Removed 'x.dll' dependency (finally!).
2. Removed ms common controls dependency (finally!).
3. Auto downloads the only .dll file needed (if missing):  zlibwapi.dll
4. Auto downloads the default script pack if your /scripts folder is missing or empty.
5. Now almost entirely self-contained and portable. You can put the Bit_Che.exe in any folder, and it should "just" work! :)
6. Couple new tweaks to the 'Torrent Details' window.
7. Update scripts function now works again.

Anyone have feedback for me?? :)

Thanks
Chip
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:24:29 pm by chip! »

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 01:45:50 am »
I haven't downloaded the beta version yet, but after I do I'll be sure to let you know about any bugs chip.

TheHalf™

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 07:47:23 am »
Thanks TheHalf :) I'm a bit confused as there was 50+ downloads of the last beta, but haven't heard from anyone yet about what they think.  I certainly appreciate any/all feedback.  I know there are still several "unfinished" features in the beta, but if you get a chance to test it out and let me know what you think, I can prioritize what needs to get attention prior to a formal 2.0 release   ;D.

Offline Boo Berry

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2012, 11:52:42 am »
I've give it a work through and give feedback in a day. :)

Offline finite

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2012, 05:39:11 am »
OK,
Here's some feedback, Chip.
a) Downloaded & installed on Win7-32 laptop. It would NOT launch. Have checked event viewer & used procmon to try to figure out why, but I can't see anything suspicious. No window pops up at all. Tried downloading twice. Tried changing compatibility settings, nothing. Laptop does have the old stable release on it.  I will play more to see if I can figure out why, but don't have a lot of time.
b) On main machine - Win7-64. Fine. The app launched & downloaded a DLL.  I performed a search, it found nothing. I noticed it had not checked any sites (!). I then *manually* downloaded the script pack & it worked. So that's a bug. On first install, it should download the script pack.
Another bug: The completion dialog after the scripts are updated is "All scripts are updated!12341234". This "feature" exists in the current (old) stable release, too.
Another bug: I have the seeders column clicked to sort by seeders. As it scrapes the results, it does not auto-sort. When it has finished grabbing all results, it does not auto-sort. I had to manually click after the search was over. 3 times ("search descending -> no search -> search ascending -> search descending). ALSO (usability) shouldn't the app default to sort by seeders (descending)? Who wouldn't want this??
Fundamentally, though, the app does work.