Author Topic: Microsoft's iPod Killer - Zune  (Read 34484 times)

gazu2k

Re: Microsoft's iPod Killer - Zune
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 08:26:31 am »
I want one. I do not own an iPod but if it lives up to the feature list, I do want a Zune.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 01:43:44 am »
I heard that the zune doesn't let you put pirated mp3's on it or that you can use it as an external hard drive.

Still only 30 gigs?

I think I'm going to go with the 60GB Zen Vision M. I think that offers the most freedom with what you can do. (it doesn't have to be linked with software like iTunes)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 10:31:24 am »
zune 2.0 with a reported widescreen are supposed to come out by the end of the year with larger hdd sizes.. as for the zune 1.0 that i have (30gb), i'm happy with it, its great for what it does.. and they are slowly adding new features to the firmware. next update is rumored to allow wifi downloading of songs from the marketplace anywhere you have wifi access.. which would be pretty cool if you get the $15 a month unlimited subscription plan..

in my experience, the zune doesnt care what kind of mp3s they are, but you cant use it as an external hdd yet..  (not that i really care since i have a 2gb flash drive)..

my only real gripes about the zune 1.0:

1. no clock  (alarm or sleep timer)
2. cant wifi sync with a pc or wirelessly download from marketplace
3. i'd like to see better video codec support
4. the Zune software on the computer isnt as plain and simple as iTunes

thats all i can think of at the moment.. everything else about my Zune is pretty slick.. looks good, its fast, wayyy better song navigation than the iPod interface (even without the scroll wheel)..  and I like the FM receiver... so i dunno, i'm happy with it, but sure you could be happy with either the Zen or an iPod.. just depends how you want to use it :)
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline varsham

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2018, 10:11:51 pm »
Zune came and gone, just like every other proclaimed "Apple product killers*. The legacy of Apple will continue for long.