Author Topic: Dangerous dogs  (Read 15271 times)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Dangerous dogs
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:57:39 am »
There has been a lot of incidents in the UK lately, of Rotwielers, Pit bull terriers, etc, attacking and savaging people, mainly children. The worst recent case in the UK, is of two rotweilers dragging a baby out into the yard and killing it.
To my mind, these dogs are neither use nor ornament, they are just dangerous eating machines,
I would shoot the lot of them.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Dangerous dogs
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 06:03:11 pm »
Difficult one, because most the time if rottweilers are brought up carefully they are alright. My cousin used to have one and it was a loveable thing, but I understand this is not the manner in which most of them are brought up.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:57:25 am »
Another incident today where a grand mother was walking 4 young primary school children, and was attacked by two dogd Staffordshire bull terriors. The dogs actually jumped into the car to try reach the children. the grandmother had to go to hospital for stitches when she defended the youngsters. This happened at 0900hrs in a seaside  resort of Donaghadee ,about 11-13 miles outside of Belfast city.
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:17:10 pm »
In my immediate neighbourhood, there is one staff bull terrier, who is good with ppl and children, but is a holy terror with other dogs and cyclists, and there is another house with three rottwielers, these dogs rush and jump up at the gate, (which is quite ricketty), problem is mothers and children have to pass the gate on their way to school, because there is no pavement on the other side of the road. sometimes l can hear the screams of fear from the women and children when the dogs jump up at the gate barking.
I'm going to report this situation to the police, because one day that gate will give, and could result in a child being mauled or worse >:(

kujo

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 11:30:49 pm »
There has been a lot of incidents in the UK lately, of Rotwielers, Pit bull terriers, etc, attacking and savaging people, mainly children. The worst recent case in the UK, is of two rotweilers dragging a baby out into the yard and killing it.
To my mind, these dogs are neither use nor ornament, they are just dangerous eating machines,
I would shoot the lot of them.

Think you jumped the gun a little on that one. The dogs are only dangerous if the people taking care or them are irresponcible. I think owners should be held more accountable for the actions of their dogs than they currently are...eg if they have a history or owning trouble animals they should be added to a 'black list' preventing them from owning further pets, if they wish to own a more aggressive breed eg Rotweilers, they need a license which could only be obtained if they have a sucessful history of owning at least 1 or more docile breeds of the same animal. Otherwise we might as well eventually ban all pets that have teeth and thus the potential to bite... its only a matter of time

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 01:34:40 pm »
Yer right of course Kujo, nice to see you again buddy,
licences for the dog owners would be an answer, but l think yearly third party insurance policies would be a better answer, with the scale of charges corresponding to the breed of dog, same as cars :)

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 07:20:10 pm »
More costs? You have to remember that 99% of dog owners are responsible and have a loving dog. I don't think adding costs is the solution to try and eradicate that 1%...

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 07:39:42 pm »
ok, Banana.....how would you tackle the dangerous dog owners????

;D

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 07:07:28 pm »
I think Kujo has a really good solution. To be able to own aggresive dogs you must hold a licence or permit, and to gain this you need to have a clean history of pet ownership. Then anyone who wants to get a certain breed because they love them still can at no extra cost.

texasboy

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 07:58:38 am »

The dogs are only dangerous if the people taking care or them are irresponsible.

Might be true in some cases kujo. And we know that there are owners out there that deliberately breed them for fighting and /or for protection IE. drug dealers,gang bosses.etc.
But on the other hand, one point has been overlooked and that is the inbreeding and crossbreeding of the bulls/rots/Doberman. A genuine owner has little control over traits that can develop  when his family pets offspring suddenly decide to maul  the grandchildren. A lot of the tragedies have involved family pets who up to the incident have been kind to the children.
I for one would not have these kind of dogs around me,as they have become so unpredictable.
cheers

ares80

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 07:27:24 pm »
 :) ;) :D ;D ;D

jeannibordelli

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 07:27:28 am »
These problems with dangerous dogs also exist here in Belgium ... long time ago I wrote a paper in French about it :-)

SHEEPFISH

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 03:36:36 pm »
ahahaha.....the power of net

Offline marqpaul73

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 07:52:22 pm »
Interesting discussion. get-vidmate.com instasave
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:42:02 pm by marqpaul73 »

Offline Billy1

• Newbie Member