RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Are torrent sites going away? if so whats next?  (Read 14588 times)

Offline death

• View Profile
Are torrent sites going away? if so whats next?
« on: May 23, 2011, 06:49:04 am »
Seems like more and more sites are shutting down for one reason or the other. some site have little to no traffic. Is there a new way to d/l files? someone mentioned Rapid share.. I dont know much a bout that.

what are your thoughts..

is there a new way to d/l stuff

what is Rapid Share?

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Are torrent sites going away? if so whats next?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:09:18 am »
Rapid-share are a file hosting company.
People upload copyrighted files to a hosting site like Rapidshare so they don't need to seed and most file hosts offer cash rewards for a high amount of traffic to a file.

Rapidshare offer SSL encrypted downloads which gives a lot or pirates peace of mind as opposed to torrents where your IP address is readily available.

I for one have been using file hosting website for 4 years nearly. I consistently receive 6.0MBps which is another advantage of downloading from servers.

One more thing usually its around $11 a month for premium accounts with file hosts and this gives you unlimited downloads.

Hope this helps.

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:08:56 am »
If your gonna pay $11USD and more than likely use your bank card then don't do it. If those servers get hacked or are under investigation then you yourself may be at risk.

TheHalf™

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:14:49 pm »
That's just like saying by using any server your at risk of hackers (Sony are a prime example).

But I suppose if the file hosts were legally required to hand over your details they would but I don't recall any case like this.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 01:03:24 am »
Most of the hosts offer a free service as well with all the completion out free is good enough for me.

rapidshare is just one of the free hosts and as its not P2P you aren't dishing your IP out so freely.

downloader apps can help with the downloading see Jdownloader & MiPony

a lot of sites these days add free host names to their sites to get traffic :(

but there is still plenty of content out there on google give it a try

I have a little magic code I use

Code: [Select]
("mirrorcreator.com/files/*"|"mir.cr/"|"rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id="|"massmirror.com/"|"qooy.com/files/*/"|"megaupload.com/"|"x7.to/*/*"|"filesonic.com/file/*"|"fileserve.com/file/*"|"filefactory.com/file/*"|"rapidshare.com/files/*/"|"rapidshare.de/files/*/"|"wupload.com/file/*"|"hotfile.com/dl/*/*"|"bitshare.com/files/*/*"|"uploadstation.com/file/*"|"d01.megashares.com/dl/*/*"|"mediafire.com/?"|"easy-share.com/"|"netload.in/*/"|"depositfiles.com/*/files/"|"letitbit.net/download/*/*"|"badongo.com/file/"|"zshare.net/*/*/"|"uploadline.com/*/*"|"sendspace.com/file/*"|"flyupload.com/get?fid=*"|"2xupload.de/file/*/"|"load.to/*/"|"ul.to/*"|"ifolder.ru/*"|"filegu.ru/f/*/*"|"uploadrack.com/*/*")
type what you want into google then add the code

so if you want last nights jay leno just google
Code: [Select]
Jay Leno 2011.06.24 ("mirrorcreator.com/files/*"|"mir.cr/"|"rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id="|"massmirror.com/"|"qooy.com/files/*/"|"megaupload.com/"|"x7.to/*/*"|"filesonic.com/file/*"|"fileserve.com/file/*"|"filefactory.com/file/*"|"rapidshare.com/files/*/"|"rapidshare.de/files/*/"|"wupload.com/file/*"|"hotfile.com/dl/*/*"|"bitshare.com/files/*/*"|"uploadstation.com/file/*"|"d01.megashares.com/dl/*/*"|"mediafire.com/?"|"easy-share.com/"|"netload.in/*/"|"depositfiles.com/*/files/"|"letitbit.net/download/*/*"|"badongo.com/file/"|"zshare.net/*/*/"|"uploadline.com/*/*"|"sendspace.com/file/*"|"flyupload.com/get?fid=*"|"2xupload.de/file/*/"|"load.to/*/"|"ul.to/*"|"ifolder.ru/*"|"filegu.ru/f/*/*"|"uploadrack.com/*/*")
if you search for things like that you will get a warning on google at the bottom of the search results.
In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 2 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.

This is a good indicator that what you are wanting to download is copyrighted material so shouldn't be downloaded.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:16:58 am by Bovski »