RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: shake it up  (Read 13967 times)

gibbler1010

shake it up
« on: October 01, 2006, 01:28:16 am »
Ok, this forum has been bit of  a snoozer lately.. and for all of you that were members in our DK forum.. you may remember that we had a hot issues topic that seemed to get alot of attention... so on that note I thought that perhaps we could try something similar to that again.. what do we have to  lose..

My topic is the FDA,(food and drug association) recently if not always in the US.. they have been slowly eliminating common medications off of the pharmacies shelves due to recent over doses with medications used to treat the cold.. also.. people have been purchasing meds such as Benadryl to melt down to add to illegal drugs that you will find sold on the street.. so.. as a  result.. if you need meds such as Nyquil.. advil cold and sinus.. you need to sign a form stating who you are etc.. incase they need evidence in the future.. nothing like taking two steps backwards..The US;  a country noted for being so advanced in reality seems to be one of the most behind countries in the world in many aspects.. You cannot even purchase anti-biotic eye drops in this country without a perscription.. in my opinion.. after living in Canada for most of my life..it's absolutely hilarious that they think that you need  to monitor such a thing as eye drops?? In Canada you can actually buy codiene over the counter.. Sometimes I think alot of the US's ideas have to do with making $$ I mean in order to get what you need, you need to visit your doctor, which of course is atleast going to cost you a co-pay, and that's only if you have actual medical insurance... Doctors seem to be there more for the mighty dollar here then to actually help you.. and to me that is just damn sad.. anyways.. in my opinion.. if the FDA is going to start pulling meds because of "woulda.. couldas" then why having a pharmacy at all..there is always the chance of something getting into the wrong hands.. that is simply just life.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 01:43:25 am by gibbler1010 »

deckkeeper

Re: shake it up
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 04:22:19 am »
I think it makes sense. This stuff is used in making things like meth, so the solution is to either regulate it or force their makers to find a way to keep people from making drugs out of it. For example, one company took their medication (I think it was benadryl) and made a form of it that is used in showers and can't be turned into meth, so you don't need a prescription. I don't see why just signing your name and filling some forms is such a big deal, though I guess some people might not like having the extra cost. But, so what? It helps prevent people from melting them into drugs, which saves us money in other ways.

gibbler1010

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 04:55:15 am »
Perhaps.. but it's just another way of the government knowing all your buisness... I understand precautions etc.. but there are so many things that can be used to construct things that may become fatal if placed in the wrong hands.. do we all have to suffer because of a few peoples bad decisions.. if that's the case.. people shouldn't be allowed to buy guns then.. because one day they "might" wake up and decide to shoot someone.. where does the line become drawn.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 05:09:25 am by gibbler1010 »

deckkeeper

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 06:15:48 am »
Well, I don't see why anyone should care if the government can keep track of their cold medicine. And though its true that anything can be dangerous in the wrong hands, when meth was/is being made in large quantities by people who got cold medicine over the counter, there's a difference. Same reason we track guns. Both can be very dangerous. Arguing that we should let dangerous chemicals go undocumented is like saying everyone should be allowed a gun.  Also, buying cold medicine isn't quite an everyday thing, like buying paint can be.

gibbler1010

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 07:46:37 am »
Buying medication for the "common cold" is very common.. lol.. people get the flu everyday..  ;)..so it shouldn't be a big deal, atleast I don't think so.. i'm sure we'd all be surprised to see how much cold pills are sold/year... wow.. love to see all that documentation.

deckkeeper

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 08:21:13 am »
I guess. But is it really that big of an inconvenience? You could just buy something like the shower version, which doesn't require paperwork. I usually don't take medication when I get sick, just some for allergies and headaches.

gibbler1010

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 08:26:32 am »
Some of these other versions are not as affective I guess.. ohwell.. the FDA wins again. ;)

kujo

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 06:27:05 pm »
Think the forum may be a bit of a snooze of lately because there are not nearly as many people joining as there used to be on the DK forums. I think that the main page leading to the forums is mainly to blame (the only indication of the forums being the tiny header link at the top of the page). Hell I checked periodically for a while after DK was hacked but had no idea this place existed until I carefully looked over the whole page, at a glance its easy to miss. Most people going to download bit che are only going to glance at the page and are probably going to miss the link at the top. If there was a seperate coloumn on the left with a button or a link near the download I honestly think more people would find this place. It helps to draw attaention to the forum link on the only page linking to it.... ;)

kyopedlr

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 08:05:05 am »
use the cool term... its called "tripping"... but this isn't like a recent problem. People robo tripp all the time. It just isn't really good. Like the after effects are worse then a hangover. Not worth it.

-kyopedlr

weera

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 09:04:35 am »
use the cool term... its called "tripping"... but this isn't like a recent problem. People robo tripp all the time. It just isn't really good. Like the after effects are worse then a hangover. Not worth it.

-kyopedlr
hhmmm..looks like kyo knows this stuff quite well..  ::)

gibbler1010

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 09:58:04 am »
some people are desperate enough to get high on anything however.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 12:11:38 pm »
Hmmmmm....more for the drug barons to sell......

deckkeeper

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 12:38:04 pm »
Hmmmmm....more for the drug barons to sell......
Maybe thats what you guys call them on the other side of the pond, but the term "drug baron" makes me chuckle. I'm picturing a rotund little man with a funny accent and a funny little hat, then I pictured him with some druggie stereotypes. My waffle has been roffled.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 09:28:04 am »
Picture a nasty, vicious rat, Decker, that would be more like it >:(

Offline DC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 10:07:05 am »
they baned OTC druge with pseudoephedrine... it makes you drowsy but opens your nose wide...
Torrent search made easy. Bit Che.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3719105405.png