Author Topic: Help :( I don't understand this.  (Read 9287 times)

jchen

Help :( I don't understand this.
« on: May 10, 2009, 07:17:35 am »
GENETIC DISCRIMINATION

While most Americans are optimistic about the use of genetic information to improve health, many are concerned that genetic information may be used by insurers to deny, limit or cancel health insurance, and by employers to discriminate in the workplace.  They are worried that some insurers may choose not to insure people who are healthy but genetically pre-disposed to future disease:  such people incur more health-related costs for the insurance than people who are not predisposed.  Similarly, they fear that some employers might only hire or keep people who are not pre-disposed to future disease onset, since healthy individuals are more productive.

Questions that society will be forced to deal with include:

Who should have access to personal genetic information, and how will it be used?  Will taking genetic tests be required? 

In addition, how will personal genetic information affect an individual and society’s perceptions of that individual?

DO THE BENEFITS OF GENETIC TESTING OUTWEIGH THE RISKS OF HAVING THE TESTS DONE?

YES or NO?

My side is no. What I don't understand is the question in all capital. :( please help. Presentations start tomorrow and I have to do an essay by Wed!  [cry]

Offline paulfn

• View Profile
Re: Help :( I don't understand this.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:01:03 am »
Tests would be done on occasional basis. For me, it will be as needed. Like if you were investigated, then the law can possibly force you to do this. From what I recall, there are no mandated law written yet that force us to do this.

pharmacy online
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:05:39 pm by paulfn »