Bit Che > Scripts & Development

FAQ -- [HOW TO] -- Create new or update existing Scripts for Bit Che 3.0

(1/3) > >>

chip!:
[WORK IN PROGRESS FAQ]

1. Turn on Script Debugger: http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=319.msg2810#msg2810

2. Learn about the Script Engine and Functions (3.0):  http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?board=25.0

3. Watch and learn from a Script in action:  
a. load up Bit Che, Hit F2 to ensure the Script List in visible, and select one single script (this will be the one you are going to watch)
b. Hit F12 to display the Script Debugger
c. launch a search in Bit Che
d. step through the Script line by line using the controls on the Script Debugger.
e. watch and learn as the functions are called, the variables changed, and ultimately the results are saved

4. After you get a handle of the Script Engine, the functions, and the Script Debugger, then you are ready to edit existing scripts (update/fix them?) and/or create your own scripts.  To create your own:
a. select "Open App Data Folder" from the File menu of Bit Che.
b. open the 'Scripts' folder
c. open the 'default' folder
d. put your new script here (copy an existing script file, rename, and edit it)

Bonus (optional, for advanced users):

5. Create your own Script Pack and host it for others:  http://convivea.com/forums/index.php?topic=2195.0

AOK:
Hi.

I have a suggestion on additional INFO here about creating a new script. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Most of the torrent trackers use similar servers like these.
If there were a few TEMPLATE scripts that we could check and then use to try to customize and develop towards each unique torrent site would be a great starting point.

Don't you think?

EDIT: Mistaken URL link. Corrected.

FantomX:

--- Quote from: AOK on January 29, 2015, 02:27:49 am ---Hi.

I have a suggestion on additional INFO here about creating a new script. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Most of the torrent trackers use similar servers like these.
If there were a few TEMPLATE scripts that we could check and then use to try to customize and develop towards each unique torrent site would be a great starting point.

Don't you think?

--- End quote ---
AOK
Most of the sites actually use Gazelle. XBT is use much less than Gazelle. On top of that, every tracker customizes the code and have different query code. So, in order to maintain each tracker, one has to be a member of all of them to make and test the script.

AOK:
Well I want to create two scripts that use XBT Tracker and both are local private trackers already requested here (arenabg.com & Zamunda.net).

I also am currently asking for BITME.org which I do believe to be to some extend a highly customized tracker.

My point is that trackers (I am talking of private ones where exclusive content is still to be found) are still using customized version not that shared tracker servers such as Gazelle.

A few basic samples (for those already developed) could be quite nice starting point tremendously shortening the learning curve of script writing for specific Trackers.

And since Bit Che is a search client it would be most appropriate here to be developed scripts of as many Tracker Servers as possible. No? ;-)

FantomX:
AOK
Bit Che isn't associated with any tracker and the scripts we have were created with the help of users here who are members of the trackers. So, the chances of Bit Che being usable for all trackers are not very high. :(

As for Gazelle being shared, it is being used by BroadcastTheNet, PixelHD, AwesomeHD, What.cd, PassThePopcorn, Deli.sh and lztr. These are considered to be the best trackers in their respective categories. The reason that Gazelle is used by top tier trackers is that it is highly customizable and is very easy to work with. It can be bent according to the specific needs of a tracker.

If you want, I can provide a whole list of Gazelle based trackers along with category they fall in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version