RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Computer Science or Computer Engineering?  (Read 16543 times)

Offline princeguy885

• princeguy885
    • View Profile
    • SEO conference
Computer Science or Computer Engineering?
« on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:13 pm »
I just graduated from high school, and now I'm confused about what degree to take in college. By the way, I'm from the Philippines. In our country, it takes 5 years to finish the Computer Engineering degree and only 4 years for the Computer Science degree. I've always thought about taking up computer engineering, but when I knew that it takes 5 years, I doubted taking it already but I'm still interested in it. Do you think taking up computer engineering for 5 years would be worth it? Or taking up computer science for 4 years would be just like the contrary? I mean, are the job opportunities the same? The salary? Lastly, which degree requires more math?

I'm really confused between these two degrees, so I really need help from people who have knowledge about this matter. Thanks in advance.

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Re: Computer Science or Computer Engineering?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 04:15:44 am »
many questions and not many answers, looking to learn code c+++ or web development, network engineering, java so many avenues. Find out what your strengths are and exploit them and learn. Like science were not into science for the $$$ but to further advance the curriculum.

TheHalf™

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:09:07 am »
This response is a little late but perhaps you will still find it useful. Computer Engineering will have a heavier focus on hardware while CS will have heavier focus on software.

The salaries and job prospects are generally better in CE.

The math requirements are fairly heavy for both but in different ways. in CE there is more emphasis on control and system engineering, state-space systems, linear algebra, things like that. CS has more emphasis on logic and mathematics theory.

Offline Alear1985

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 02:36:11 pm »
I just graduated from high school, and now I'm confused about what degree to take in college. By the way, I'm from the Philippines. In our country, it takes 5 years to finish the Computer Engineering degree and only 4 years for the Computer Science degree. I've always thought about taking up computer engineering, but when I knew that it takes 5 years, I doubted taking it already but I'm still interested in it. Do you think taking up computer engineering for 5 years would be worth it? Or taking up computer science for 4 years would be just like the contrary? I mean, are the job opportunities the same? The salary? Lastly, which degree requires more math?
here are some phen375 uk customer reviews to help you lose weight.

I'm really confused between these two degrees, so I really need help from people who have knowledge about this matter. Thanks in advance.

hello there! my advise is simple. just follow what your heart desires. regardless of how long it will spend your life in college as long as it is the degree that you want to accomplish, go for it! The feeling is very rewarding if you will accomplish a degree that you are truly interested on. go for gold!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:18:34 am by Alear1985 »

Offline g4ngst3r

• View Profile
    • DIY Tech Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 01:02:35 pm »
Computer Science is more focused on software development rather than hardware development.
Fix dead 18650 lithium battery cells

Offline Etnostyed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 08:44:31 am »
Computer science was my least favorite subject in college. I could not even think that I would connect my future activity with computers, but once I tried to make my website based on WordPress, I could not stop. It is so simple and does not take much time at all, and if you also use free plugins and templates from motopress you can create a website in a few hours. For me, all this has become a good source of income.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 09:51:50 am by Etnostyed »