RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Bit Che doesn't update scripts any more and only BTMon seems to work.  (Read 11877 times)

Offline zantaf

• View Profile
    • Dream The Next
I apologize in advance for any mistakes... believe it or not, this is the first time I post in a forum on the internet.
I need help with the following problem:
I have been using Bit Che for years; unfortunately, since a couple of weeks, Bit Che does not update the scripts any more.
Whenever I try to "check for updates", nothing happens at all.
Whenever I try to "update scripts", I get the little popup window saying "connecting to convivea" and "requesting scripts", but then nothing else happens.
I tried to reinstall Bit Che with a fresh copy downloaded from the website, but no improvement. (By the way, I have Bit Che installed on 4 different Windows 7 workstations: none works any longer.)
I tried to download (using this url: http://www.convivea.com/download/scripts1060.rar) and install the scripts manually (into the proper %AppData%\Roaming\Convivea\Bit_Che\scripts folder), but whenever I launch a search, only BTMon seems to return some results, and the "save torrent" function doesn't work (I have to open BTMon source page and download the torrent manually from their website).
I am using Windows 7 built-in firewall and "security essentials". They didn't block Bit Che in any way before, and I didn't change anything in the meantime, so I don't think they can be the culprit.
Anyway, I did some investigationsa nd also manually allowed ALL Bit Che executables, IN and OUT, thru the firewall (including x.exe, update.exe, special.exe, Bit_Che.exe, etc.). Nothing has changed, so far.
I am not saying that the problem is Bit Che (which is indeed one of the most useful pieces of software I ever had!), but something certainly must have happened overnight, because one day it was working great, and the following day not any more.
Can you please help me with this? How can I get Bit Che scripts properly updated and working (including the scripts concerning the login-type sites)?
What went wrong? Why all of a sudden Bit Che returns results from BTMon only?
Thanking you in advance for your courtesy and help.

Offline arjays

• View Profile
Re: Bit Che doesn't update scripts any more and only BTMon seems to work.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:46:21 am »
Oddly enough, I've been having the opposite problem... everything works EXCEPT for BTMON...  I "see" the torrent, I click on it, but... BitChe can't access it (let alone download it)... I'm guessing a "handshake" problem??

aardsuz

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:43:22 am »
I am also no longer able to update scripts with Windows 7.  I have turned off my Firewall / Virus scanner, etc, but clicking the link to update scripts has absolutely no effect.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?

jmac

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:49:29 pm »
I have the same problem but I tried another isp and it works fine. I assume my isp is blocking the port bit che uses. What port is that and how can I change it?

Offline Thomas51

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Klein Tools Electrician's Scissors are also compact and lightweight, making them comfortable to use for long periods. visit the website